Review X360Key Review

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to reopen the topic. I seem to have judged the x360key more on installation, and set up rather than functionality. However, the x360key team should release a tutorial on how to set up, and install the x360key. (Which they are according to OzModChips.) The USB HDD freezing may have been on my HDD's part, so I have excluded it from the review. The x360dock, Wasabi360 and x360key are great products but as for now your decision should be (x360key- USB HDD Loading w/ USB Control Pad) (x360dock- PC HDD Loading) (Wasabi360- eSata loading).

Anyone willing to change their mind is a smart man.
Wasabi and xkey are the same price...
Xdock is cheaper but i am guessing if you add module 2, it will be the same price.

Regarding support...i am guessing you are not on live?
Jump on live with 1.10 Beta3 of the xkey and you will see everything working
Jump on with wasabi and xdock and you will see that no XGD3 game works.....I am sure they will figure it out but this kind decreases the functionality part does it?
Also with xdock since you have to have a PC right next to the 360 it turns the 360 into more of a stationary device. Unless you are using a laptop, you cannot really pick up your 360 and take it to your mates house.

The Manual not being out yet is probably to do with 3 things. The fact that the product is brand new and still evolving, the fact that they are in thailand and being flooded aswell, and the fact that everyone wants an x360key and its outselling other ODDs probably 50 to 1. They are struggling to keep up and concentrating on production and software support at the moment.

Thanks

My Xbox is online, strange bit is that my x360dock plays Modern Warfare 3 just fine. However I've been using the x360key more, because of the functionality of the ISOMenu. I'm getting your points exactly. Not everyone has a PC next to their Xbox, and yeah I'm not going to be so quick to judge due to a installation instruction manual being out. Nifty little device the x360key is, just wanting them and all ODE teams to add in drive key extraction. It would make things a ton simpler.

boggie26

Trophies
XP
Country
i got the xkey and i love it. i have to say that the install was not easy, i had a lot of trial and error to get it working but it was worth it in the end. a manual would have helped lot but youtube is your friend here.

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
How can you tell the Chinese version from the English one ? Can you launch games without using the little LCD ? ( i asume that is where the chinese menu would be )

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any word on whether the Xbox 1 games were able to play again? Seeing a couple of friends manage to rescue and mod their Xbox 1's has me itching to replay some of these again. Any chance of rthat to work on LT+ 2.0, or the upcoming LT 3.0? Or this too?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any word on whether the Xbox 1 games were able to play again? Seeing a couple of friends manage to rescue and mod their Xbox 1's has me itching to replay some of these again. Any chance of rthat to work on LT+ 2.0, or the upcoming LT 3.0? Or this too?

Ah yes, once I get access to a computer, I'll update it. I got a original Xbox game to boot. (Jet Set Radio Future.) It had to be reconstructed to work though. (The iso was about 6.5 GB, so data must have been added.)

Oh, and the reconstructed Xbox 1 iso boots on the LT+ 2.0 firmware I believe, just burn the iso to a dual layer disc.

Stardotstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I understand that the X360 Key runs games from an external hard drive via usb but can it also run games from the Xbox internal hard drive? I am about to buy a console, if the x360 key is external drive only then it would seem to make sense to buy a cheaper 4Gb console, if the key can utilise the internal drive then perhaps a 320 Gb console may be better. What do you think?

Reactions: 1 person

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
You only need to dump your DVD key.
Then just install it and you're good to go.

That's pretty cool. Considering how expensive dual layered discs are this MIGHT be something I'd be interested in when I get more money. this + a 1 TB drive = no reason to buy games ever lol. AH, right. Is this thing noticed by Micro$oft yet and able to be banned for?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Provided that you always update the ODDE before updating the dashboard then it shouldn't be detectable for MS.

But you'll never know since there is always a risk of getting banned.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
That's pretty cool. Considering how expensive dual layered discs are this MIGHT be something I'd be interested in when I get more money. this + a 1 TB drive = no reason to buy games ever lol. AH, right. Is this thing noticed by Micro$oft yet and able to be banned for?
You can bet that it's detectable, nothing is 100% stealthy. Though, until now, there aren't any reports from its users that somebody was banned, although c4eva claims otherwise. In the end, the XKey *could* be safer from a ban than CFW, since it has a better hardware, which offers more possibilities, but the firmware isn't there yet, afaik.

Summary: Probably and yes.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hook it up to Jungleflasher and hit Phatkey.

Iirc you didn't need to have a probe when dumping firmware of a Benq

To be 100% sure of it, refer to the JF manual which comes with Jungleflasher

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh...so you still have to open your 360 to use this? The reason why I don't run backups on my console is because I've always been too afraid to open and flash it. Plus I'm a Linux user, and I'm not sure if any of those programs exist for this OS.

Is there any type of plug in and play type of thing for the 360?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv