Hacking Wux format?

kg2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a complete collection in wux format, and can't really find any solid information on what to do with them. I did stumble upon maybe having to convert them to wup format (or wud, I'm not sure).

From my understanding, they are compressed wud files. Can you use these as they are, in wux format? Or do any extra steps need to be done before you're able to install them?

Thanks for any input!

kg2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should have clarified. I'm trying to use these on an actual Wii U console. I'm assuming, in that case, they would need to be converted to wup files somehow?

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use those wud files as is, either though, right?
I would need to decompress the wux file using that tool, then convert the outputted wud, to an installable wup format? Am I understanding that correctly?
Yes. Just be warned that decompressed wux files are fairly huge (over 20 GB, IIRC) and you'll need the game's title key to convert it to an installable wup package.

Someone else will have to help with the details. It's been a while since I had to do this.

kg2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Just be warned that decompressed wux files are fairly huge (over 20 GB, IIRC) and you'll need the game's title key to convert it to an installable wup package.

Someone else will have to help with the details. It's been a while since I had to do this.
I vaguely recall having to do this in the past. Including the title key, ect.
Do you by any chance recall the program needed to convert wud to wup? I don't remember it being that same tool posted above, but it's been so long.

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I vaguely recall having to do this in the past. Including the title key, ect.
Do you by any chance recall the program needed to convert wud to wup? I don't remember it being that same tool posted above, but it's been so long.
I just found a batch file I must have used at some point. No guarantees that this is the right syntax (I had a few other ones) but it looks like it from what I remember.

Code:
java -jar JWUDTool-0.3.jar -in "game.wud" -out "extracted" -extract all -commonkey XXX -titleKey XXX

You'll need to replace the "XXX"s with the Wii U common key and the unencrypted title key for the game.

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by dojafoja,
Reactions: cvskid

kg2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Maschell

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, that's interesting! Based off of that readme, it looks like you don't necessarily have to decompress to wud first. It seems as if you can just straight up directly extract the installable wup files from the wux?
Yes, No need to ever decompress any .wux.

With fuse-wiiu you can even directly mount a .wux to your filesystem

Reactions: dojafoja

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof