wup installer y and gx2 nonsense

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by monkeyman4412, May 31, 2017.

1. monkeyman4412
    OP

monkeyman4412 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Ok so I have a microsd adapter, and a Samsung evo 64gb microsd. The adapter makes into a full sd card. So the thing is the wiiu can read the sd card when formated as fat32 (proven by smash being able to read it) BUT if I put files into a install folder. Wup installer will read the files, But then it will claim its not dlc, game or update. Which if I try with a sd card that is 4 times smaller, (16gb) It will read it just fine! Somebody help, or is there a fix for this absurd nonsense! It happens on both wupinstallers (y mod and gx2 installable channel)

Last edited by monkeyman4412, May 31, 2017
  2. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    MicroSD adapters are always really slow on the wiiu

3. monkeyman4412
    OP

monkeyman4412 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    regardless if being slow. It should still show up and let me install the title! if smash can read it, or even vwii hombrew. Then that's a serious problem, I don't see how speed would effect file detection. Know what I mean? because it detects the folder. But it doesn't find the files and claims what I said above.

Last edited by monkeyman4412, May 31, 2017
  4. kornychaos

kornychaos Organized.

Jul 7, 2007
    United States
    Why don't you post this on the official thread over in the Homebrew section where you got the program from? I'm sure they'd be glad to help you over there. http://gbatemp.net/threads/wupinstaller-y-mod-with-multiple-install-folders.445907/page-22

5. cucholix

cucholix No-Intro

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    What is the path of wup files on your micro sd?
    It should be like this:

sd:/install/game_name/bunch_of_app_files

The app doesn't check subfolders so it will freak out. Also, remember using a cfw when installing dlc, vc, eshop only games.

Last edited by cucholix, May 31, 2017
  6. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    To say something is nonsense just because it does not work for you when it works perfectly fine for everyone else is ridiculous YOU are clearly doing something wrong at your end.

Dust2dust likes this.
  7. Briyoda

Briyoda Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2016
    United States
    I have the same sd card almost and smash and this work.

8. SlothWiiPlaza

SlothWiiPlaza GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2016
    Belgium
    C:/Users/Sloth/
    This thread is nonsense, it obviously means you misplaced files. :mellow:

Marko76 likes this.