WUP installer stuck at 0% for large games

m_lance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. Newer to the mod scene, but took my chances with the wii u and the newest Tiramisu CFW (completed everything yesterday). I have a Standard 32 gb sd card, and 1 TB seagate external hard drive. I am using USB helper for my wii u games and everything was good there, installed (with WUP gx) star fox zero, game and wario, and donkey kong freeze. However, when I try to load larger game files (4gb or higher) my WUP installer does not go past 0%, and have to hard restart to get out of it. This happens with Mario Kart 8, Splinter Cell, and sonic lost world. I have reformatted/built my SD card, and tried changing the folder names multiple times. Everything is up to date on my end, latest firmware, latest sig patch, etc... Yes, the games can actually download to the NAND through WUPgx, and I can move the game to USB storage, but the issue is when I try to load in the DLC to external USB the wii u system data management thinks its the same game, and wants to re-write and save over it. Its like i can only have one or the other when dumping to NAND then trying to move it over to the USB. Im stuck for now, any help team?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

m_lance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's overwriting the data? dlc is in the 00050000c high id folder while the game is in the 000500000 folder.
yeah so wup installer can get the game to nand, ok cool no biggie, I then move it over to the USB. Then when I get DLC to nand and try move it to the USB it thinks its actuall game and wants to write over the original game. odd

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When adding dlc you must play the game first ie create a save file and then you should be able to move them from nand.

I'd also try copying them over first and verifying your files are complete when downloaded as usb helper does from time to time end before getting all files and the verify download option grabs the rest.

Reactions: godreborn

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
U can check the installed titleIDs and tickets with tik2sd of the game and dlc. Launch the app and by pressing A they will be dumped to SD:\tik2sd.
Maybe they are the same?!? If the ticket creates the Problem maybe its possible to create a new one with Nuspli, USBhelper or another tool.

skinnygorilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hey there !
Not sure if this thread is still alive but I am a new Wii U owner and I am running into the same issue.

After seeing your post I tried installing to NAND instead of usb and I see that its currently installing.

Did you find a solution to this ?

What CFW are you using ? Maybe we have the same one. But the guy who sold it to me didnt know and I don't know how to determine either.

Were you successful moving the game from NAND to Usb ?

Any info would be appreciated!

m_lance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there !
Not sure if this thread is still alive but I am a new Wii U owner and I am running into the same issue.

After seeing your post I tried installing to NAND instead of usb and I see that its currently installing.

Did you find a solution to this ?

What CFW are you using ? Maybe we have the same one. But the guy who sold it to me didnt know and I don't know how to determine either.

Were you successful moving the game from NAND to Usb ?

Any info would be appreciated!
I honestly don’t remember I got it to work. I think I got the game and dlc all on the nand first, and moved everything all at once over to the external hd.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
@skinnygorilla Try installing games with NUSSpli instead. It's much more convenient as it downloads files directly from Nintendo Update Servers, so there's no need to copy files over to the SD card. (Except for the games that aren't available on NUS, like Mass Effect 3.)

But the guy who sold it to me didnt know and I don't know how to determine either.
That shouldn't be hard.

Does you gamepad screen glitch (i.e. your screen goes to black, white line appears and then it says Wii U Menu) when you turn on the console? If so, you're on Tiramisu.
Do you have a Haxchi or DONT TOUCH ME icon on your Home menu? If so, you have Haxchi or CBHC (Coldboot Haxchi). CBHC also have "Autobooting" message when your console powers on, I believe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?