Hacking Wup installer problem

Dabears08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i am trying to install a game through wup installer. It successfully installs, but the game does not show up on my system menu. When i checked the system storage the game doesnt even show up. I am trying to install a wii u vc injected game. I packaged the wii vc inject with NUSpacker. What would be causing this issue?

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hey guys i am trying to install a game through wup installer. It successfully installs, but the game does not show up on my system menu. When i checked the system storage the game doesnt even show up. I am trying to install a wii u vc injected game. I packaged the wii vc inject with NUSpacker. What would be causing this issue?
Did you run MochaCFW before booting to the system menu?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Okay i think that is what is wrong. So is the no way to change the ticket of the game im trying to install?
You can't change the ticket it's auto generated, you can change the id, but you'll need decript it, and edit the xml file on "code", and encript again. You are better off deleting the duplicated ticket NOT ID!. You need ftpiiu + cfw or ftpiiu everywhere + mocha

Did you find a duplicated id with ticket2sd?

Last edited by cucholix,

Dabears08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't change the ticket it's auto generated, you can change the id, but you'll need decript it, and edit the xml file on "code", and encript again. You are better off deleting the duplicated ticket. You need ftpiiu + cfw or ftpiiu everywhere + mocha

Did you find a duplicated id with ticket2sd?
Yes I did. :/ Ive been trying to do this for week now.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
- Using FTPiiU Everywhere, navigate to the following location: /storage_slc/rights/ticket/apps
- Here, you will see a list of "000x" folders, with the information from the keys.txt file, the duplicate files are located at "(000x/000000xx.tik@)" navigate to "000x" folder, locate the file "000000xx.tik" and delete.
- Make sure your booted into CFW or else you will not be able to see contents of the "/storage_slc" folder, once the file has been deleted, shutdown your console and wait a few moments before turning it back, funny as it may sounds, sometimes, just rebooting your console will not complete the file delete process, it's best to do a full SHUTDOWN.

So every time a game gets installed, the ticket is stored in the "/storage_slc/rights/ticket/apps" location, so when a game of the same Title ID is installed, the ticket gets merged with the existing ticket, so when your looking at the file size of the ticket, you will notice it is larger than the other tickets that is installed.

FYI:
I have noticed on some occasions with VC injects, when you delete a game from the console using Data Management, sometimes the ticket doesn't get deleted from the system for some odd reason, so the only way to find out if it has is to run the tik2sd app and check the keys.txt file.

Last edited by cucholix,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never had a ticket merge with itself, but I've had fake tickets that wouldn't delete with the game causing an install failure from the eshop. lol

a legit ticket won't have the same repeating pattern as a fake ticket, but tik2sd will tell u the offset for the ticket. make sure to look for 00 01 00 04. that will be at the beginning of the next ticket (every ticket starts with this sequence). it doesn't necessarily have to come at the first byte of each hex string either.

Reactions: cucholix

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
never had a ticket merge with itself, but I've had fake tickets that wouldn't delete with the game causing an install failure from the eshop. lol

a legit ticket won't have the same repeating pattern as a fake ticket, but tik2sd will tell u the offset for the ticket. make sure to look for 00 01 00 04. that will be at the beginning of the next ticket (every ticket starts with this sequence). it doesn't necessarily have to come at the first byte of each hex string either.
I get a ticket merge twice, trying to install two different injects with the same id, it in fact makes the ticket file larger lol.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I've got both ticket sizes in my fake ticket tutorial, so if it's not one of those, then something is probably wrong with the ticket.

Dabears08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a tutorial here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-delete-a-fake-ticket.480620/

u can use it to delete fake or duplicate tickets.
- Using FTPiiU Everywhere, navigate to the following location: /storage_slc/rights/ticket/apps
- Here, you will see a list of "000x" folders, with the information from the keys.txt file, the duplicate files are located at "(000x/000000xx.tik@)" navigate to "000x" folder, locate the file "000000xx.tik" and delete.
- Make sure your booted into CFW or else you will not be able to see contents of the "/storage_slc" folder, once the file has been deleted, shutdown your console and wait a few moments before turning it back, funny as it may sounds, sometimes, just rebooting your console will not complete the file delete process, it's best to do a full SHUTDOWN.

So every time a game gets installed, the ticket is stored in the "/storage_slc/rights/ticket/apps" location, so when a game of the same Title ID is installed, the ticket gets merged with the existing ticket, so when your looking at the file size of the ticket, you will notice it is larger than the other tickets that is installed.

FYI:
I have noticed on some occasions with VC injects, when you delete a game from the console using Data Management, sometimes the ticket doesn't get deleted from the system for some odd reason, so the only way to find out if it has is to run the tik2sd app and check the keys.txt file.

Alright guys i was successfully able to delete the ticket. Will the vc inject install now or is there something else i need to do?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those are the three main folders for wii u content. what system is the game for? have u checked if it's on the system by using ftpiiu everywhere?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases