Hacking WUP Installer Mod 1.3 error 0xfffcffe5

bostonBC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the weirdest problem. Running CBHC on a 5.5.2 Wii U with an external drive powered by a Y cable.

Was able to install a number of CFW games using WUP Installer Mod 1.3 but now no matter what game I try to install I get error 0xfffcffe5.

However if I install to sysnand it works fine. I can move the game from sysnand to the external drive and it works fine but installing directly to the external fails with error 0xfffcffe5.

If I reinstall a game I already installed to the external hard disk it works so it appears that the part that creates space on the hard disk is failing for some reason.

This is on my spare Wii U and I had no problems on my other Wii U. I even tries swapping out the Y cables and it still has problems.

Could this be a hard disk problem even though I can install to sysnand and move to the external USB?

Very strange that it would work for the first couple dozen games and now fail.

Any ideas?

TIA.

Edit... I decided to copy everything to a different hard disk. Will resume in the morning and try and install the other games. Hopefully it is just a glitch with the one hard disk.

Last edited by bostonBC,

bostonBC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I copied all the games I had installed already on one drive and moved them to the other and was able to install more.

Very strange that it would allow some games to be installed and then no more. Must be a glitch on the drive but it shows no errors on the PC.

Darksound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran into the exact same problem, and came to the exact same conclusion. Thank you so much for the suggestion @bostonBC, those in another thread would have had me recreate my entire Wii U setup. Copying to a new drive should be the go-to answer for this problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...