wup installer error 0xFFFCFFE9

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Omegared89, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Omegared89
    OP

Omegared89 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    United States
    Installing games to NAND is fine, but when I try to install to usb I get error 0xFFFCFFE9 (USB Storage not attached?)

Tried with USB Stick and HDD with own Supply. Same error, tried different backups.... hope u can help

2. iAqua

iAqua feel the... envy.

GBAtemp Patron
    iAqua is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Canada
    format the hard drive with the wii u

3. Omegared89
    OP

Omegared89 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    United States
    seems to work thx sir

4. Omegared89
    OP

Omegared89 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    United States
    is there a way I can show data from a Wii U formated usb Stick on the pc? it's not being recognized...

5. Jbrighton

Jbrighton Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2016
    United States
    U can delete.tje.wii u proprietory formatting. But reading it I doubt. It took three times of my pc shutting down in midst of trying to read the dang thing. But I was able to delete. There's a dew different sources out there for the info. I tried them all and failed. You will have to use.a bit from all of them. You'll erase the hdd w disk part then don't format it go right to disk manager to select the hdd space and format it in there with ntfs or whatnot.. it nay take a little waiting on the pc to say ok I give up. .. just go right to diskpart don't even load Disk manager til it's deleted or the pc will hang. Fact

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

6. Jbrighton

Jbrighton Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2016
    United States
    Note this was a reference to clear a hdd you don't want on the Wii u but doubt there's any ability to load it to read.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk