Website
gaming.re
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey everyone here is a TO DO List for Wii U User

FAQ:

What can it do?
This hack allows you to install any valid NUS content from an SD card, including game updates.
The easiest way to obtain those is directly from Nintendo's NUS (see tools).

What are the risks?
This hack installs content to your NAND using the official Nintendo update functions.
This installation is PERMANENT and can currently not be reverted, game updates can be uninstalled.
The risk is the same as installing an update normally.

How does firmware spoofing work?
The Wii U uses a binary file which has the current version and region of the system saved to it called version.bin.
In this case we install the content from the latest version title and so the system has the version.bin from the latest version.

What does work after installing the latest version title?
With just installing the latest version title you can use all online functions.

Trying to do game updates from the Wii U Menu does still prompt you to update your system first but you can workaround by installing updates by hand.
After that you can normally start the game.

The eShop implores additional checks and wants you to update your system first, there is currently no workaround (We are still looking into a solution).

To prevent people from bricking their systems the installer has a whitelist of titles you can install.
You can install any game update and the version title, as these are completly safe to install.

Tools:
NUSGrabber:
This is a special version that directly renames the files to work with the installer.
[Download]

This tool requires the: Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

Requirements:
-SD card, large enough to hold whatever you want to install.
-Wii U at 5.3.2 JAP/USA/EUR (Other versions are untested and might work)
-Enough space on the Wii U NAND, this will not install to USB.
-Something to install you can either use the version title packs or download game updates from NUS.

Here is a list of title IDs for games: Title Database
To obtain an update of a title replace 00050000 with 0005000E for example for Mario Kart 8 USA: "NUSGrabber.exe 0005000E1010EC00"
If you don't supply a version NUSGrabber will download the latest version.

Installation:

PC
-Download the title you want to install using the NUSGrabber tool and put the files (*.app, *.h3, title.cert, title.tmd and title.tik)
into a folder called install on your SD card (sd:/install)
You can only install one title at a time.

Wii U
-Put the SD card into your Wii U at any time before loading the exploit.
-Start the browser and go to this site [LINK], you should be returned to home menu,
-Start the browser AGAIN using the same URL, you will be returned to the home menu again.
-Exit to the Wii U menu, the installation is done in the background and usually takes about 5-10 minutes depending on the size of your title and speed of your SD card.
The version title install is instant.
-Reboot your system and check if it installed correctly in the data management, or system settings when you installed the version title.

If you get any kind of error hold power for 4 seconds and try again.

Special Thanks:
SonyUSA - Who sacrificed a Wii U so that others will not brick theirs.
DarkKaine - For trying about a million test versions.

Credits:
webkit and PPC-Kernel exploits:
Marionumber1, TheKit, Hykem, comex, Chadderz, Relys, NWPlayer123, Mathew_Wi
wup installer:
crediar

Source: http://crediar.no-ip.com/wupsite/

Last edited by FIX94, , Reason: removed advertising

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
So with this I
- CAN install game updates
- CANNOT reinstall games I do own
- CANNOT install games I don't own

Is there any thing else we can do?

I appreciate the work, just want to know what this release is capable of :)

Last edited by bowser,

yonasz

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Noob question here. I bought for my daughter mario maker (EU) for a birthday present (october 4th). My wii u is on 5.3.2 firmware. So to use this game in the future i have to use NUSgrabber and download content with command NUSgrabber 0005000E1018DD00 and copy folder 0005000E1018DD00 (with app h3 tik cert etc) to folder sd:/install. Then browser and go to link UNKNOWN link from this site http://crediar.no-ip.com/wupsite/ not working. Is someone help me to do it before october 4th ???

buda81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question here. I bought for my daughter mario maker (EU) for a birthday present (october 4th). My wii u is on 5.3.2 firmware. So to use this game in the future i have to use NUSgrabber and download content with command NUSgrabber 0005000E1018DD00 and copy folder 0005000E1018DD00 (with app h3 tik cert etc) to folder sd:/install. Then browser and go to link UNKNOWN link from this site http://crediar.no-ip.com/wupsite/ not working. Is someone help me to do it before october 4th ???

I believe you need to only copy the contents of the game updates to the install folder and not the folder itself.

Reactions: Margen67 and yonasz

bache

Trophies
XP
Country

You've got the right idea, but the link doesn't work yet because it hasn't been released yet.

moops44

Prince of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i got these "errors"
Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: