WTH happened to my ds?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by SavvyTaco, Dec 4, 2011.

Dec 4, 2011

WTH happened to my ds? by SavvyTaco at 6:50 AM (731 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. SavvyTaco
    OP

Newcomer SavvyTaco Member

United States
    Recently, my DS lost sound on Pokemon games. Only on pokemon games! And only onthe opponent's turn (they're attacking me). It's happening to every single pokemon rom I have: Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, Black, and White. Could this be a hardware problem or rom problem? =/

2. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    Based on the details you provided, it seems more like a problem with a slow/crappy micro sd card. Try formatting using the panasonic sd formatter. If that doesn't fix the issue, your msd is too slow to begin with. Note: back-up everything in your msd before formatting!

BTW, is it sound generated from your speakers or headphones? If you really want to be certain that it's not a hardware issue on the speakers, you can just use a headphone to see if it has the same problem. If the sound still goes out with the headphones, it's definitely something with the msd; if the sound is fine using headphones, your speakers are faulty.

3. SavvyTaco
    OP

Newcomer SavvyTaco Member

United States
    That's...odd... Right after I put in my headphones and took it out, it started to work from the speakers again o_o. Though it is a bit more quiet from other BGM and SFX.

4. duel

Newcomer duel Member

Beyond the barriers of Space and Time, Australia
    Australia
    No audio errors of any kind for any other games? May be a hardware error if it's that easy to fix.

5. C-Kronos

Member C-Kronos GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Assuming you're using a flashcart, maybe a recent update caused the issues? Although, it could be a speed issue as roms are loaded from the microSD card for dsflashcarts in real-time. Ah, another idea, speakers could be damaged, replace them.

6. Papu

Newcomer Papu Newbie

Germany
    you turned the sound in mono or headphones, turn it into stereo (or surround? im not sure...) and it shall be ok ^^