WTH happened to my ds?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by SavvyTaco, Dec 4, 2011.

1. SavvyTaco
    OP

SavvyTaco Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2011
    United States
    No.
    Recently, my DS lost sound on Pokemon games. Only on pokemon games! And only onthe opponent's turn (they're attacking me). It's happening to every single pokemon rom I have: Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, Black, and White. Could this be a hardware problem or rom problem? =/

2. s4mid4re

s4mid4re  

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    Based on the details you provided, it seems more like a problem with a slow/crappy micro sd card. Try formatting using the panasonic sd formatter. If that doesn't fix the issue, your msd is too slow to begin with. Note: back-up everything in your msd before formatting!

BTW, is it sound generated from your speakers or headphones? If you really want to be certain that it's not a hardware issue on the speakers, you can just use a headphone to see if it has the same problem. If the sound still goes out with the headphones, it's definitely something with the msd; if the sound is fine using headphones, your speakers are faulty.

3. SavvyTaco
    OP

SavvyTaco Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2011
    United States
    No.
    That's...odd... Right after I put in my headphones and took it out, it started to work from the speakers again o_o. Though it is a bit more quiet from other BGM and SFX.

4. duel

duel Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Beyond the barriers of Space and Time, Australia
    No audio errors of any kind for any other games? May be a hardware error if it's that easy to fix.

5. C-Kronos

C-Kronos GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2010
    United States
    Assuming you're using a flashcart, maybe a recent update caused the issues? Although, it could be a speed issue as roms are loaded from the microSD card for dsflashcarts in real-time. Ah, another idea, speakers could be damaged, replace them.

6. Papu

Papu Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2012
    Gambia, The
    you turned the sound in mono or headphones, turn it into stereo (or surround? im not sure...) and it shall be ok ^^