Gaming WTH happened to my ds?

SavvyTaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently, my DS lost sound on Pokemon games. Only on pokemon games! And only onthe opponent's turn (they're attacking me). It's happening to every single pokemon rom I have: Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, Black, and White. Could this be a hardware problem or rom problem? =/

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Based on the details you provided, it seems more like a problem with a slow/crappy micro sd card. Try formatting using the panasonic sd formatter. If that doesn't fix the issue, your msd is too slow to begin with. Note: back-up everything in your msd before formatting!

BTW, is it sound generated from your speakers or headphones? If you really want to be certain that it's not a hardware issue on the speakers, you can just use a headphone to see if it has the same problem. If the sound still goes out with the headphones, it's definitely something with the msd; if the sound is fine using headphones, your speakers are faulty.

SavvyTaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's...odd... Right after I put in my headphones and took it out, it started to work from the speakers again o_o. Though it is a bit more quiet from other BGM and SFX.

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you're using a flashcart, maybe a recent update caused the issues? Although, it could be a speed issue as roms are loaded from the microSD card for dsflashcarts in real-time. Ah, another idea, speakers could be damaged, replace them.

Papu

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you turned the sound in mono or headphones, turn it into stereo (or surround? im not sure...) and it shall be ok ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce +1