OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Dear Jakob.95,

Thank you for purchasing Spotify premium. This is your receipt.

Email address: [email protected]
Date: 2010-12-29 19:46:29.188016
Order ID: 10322935015
Payment type: VISA

Retailer: Spotify Ltd
VAT number: GB 943 6840 02

Items bought: 1 month (Spotify Premium)
Item price: 84,26 kr
VAT 17.5%: 14,74 kr
Total: 99,00 kr

All prices stated on the receipt are inclusive of VAT (where
applicable) and other applicable taxes and fees.

Your Spotify premium service will be automatically renewed
every month until cancelled via your profile page.
(https://www.spotify.com/en/account/subscription/)

We hope you enjoy using Spotify!

The Spotify Team

This is an automated message, please do not reply.
Wtf is this email that I just got? I don't even know what Spotify is and what is a kr? Also it says for email address [email protected] were as my email address is [email protected]. I never bought anything online. It also says my payment was VISA while I don't even have a VISA card...

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, they just get random information of you, like where you live, and then assume stuff they can't find out. If you don't have a Visa credit card, you're obviously safe.

That, or someone with the email jakob.95 probably ordered spotify, and they sent it to the wrong email by accident. Don't worry, it happens.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They messed up the email address in which Spotify was supposed to send the POP to. Two options are available. Do nothing, or access the account. Which it turns out Spotify is a Music Downloading site. Your choice.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just went to there website. And pressed I forgot my account password. They told me to enter my email address. I entered my email address and then got into the account by setting a new password in there. I pressed on account information and there was a Visa card number. Which only told me the last 4 digits of the Visa card number. I am not sure if that Visa card could be my dads or something that they hacked into.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is all so weird in the profile page is says that the person was born in October 2nd 1995 but I was born in October 23th 1995.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RoxasIsSora said:
Which it turns out Spotify is a Music Downloading site.
Spotify is neither a site (except they have a site hosting the program) nor does it download music.

Not really sure how you could not have heard about it before but it is a program for streaming music. Having a premium account means that you get increased bitrate and don't have to listen to any commercials.

The guy signing up for his account messed up when entering his email and the account is now yours, there's really nothing more to it.

MFDC12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Don't worry, they just get random information of you, like where you live, and then assume stuff they can't find out. If you don't have a Visa credit card, you're obviously safe.

That, or someone with the email jakob.95 probably ordered spotify, and they sent it to the wrong email by accident. Don't worry, it happens.

[email protected] = [email protected]

i think this only happens in gmail but the .'s usually get 'ignored' and they send it even without them. its a trick i used to use on ptc sites and stuff.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Minox_IX said:
Evo.lve said:
I think kr means Swedish Krona.
It is indeed, although usually the currency name SEK is used.

It could also be from Norwegian money too. KR=Kroner
unsure.gif

Jakob is also a fairly used name in Norway.
wink.gif

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But this is so weird... Why would anyone have the same kind of email address as me, jakob95. And his birthday is almost the same as mine.

Also the account holder is from Sweden.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jakob95 said:
But this is so weird... Why would anyone have the same kind of email address as me, jakob95. And his birthday is almost the same as mine.

The email is extremely generic and the birthday being close is a coincidence (it's not even the same in the first place).

This is not weird at all.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gratz. You got Spotify premium for free. Once you install it, you can look up their song lists and build a playlist and have it stream the songs on your playlist for you to listen to. It's like a "smart" webradio. It can also be used on smartphones.

Enjoy.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
No he can't, it is region blocked unless he happens to use a proxy that is located in the EU.
Spotify is not limited to EU countries (see Norway).

But yeah, if the region block isn't only for the payment itself you would need a proxy in one of the countries where Spotify is available to use it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jakob95 said:

Well, the reason for the 95 is that you were born in 1995, right? And so was he. The two facts you mentioned are very much related to each other, and not seperate coincidences as you seem to assume.

And btw, Spotify does let you download music too, as well as stream, you pay per track like with iTunes, Amazon MP3 etc.

Anyhow, I would recommend trying to contact the real owner of the account, seeing as you have now apparently changed his password so he will not be able to access his Spotify account. Send him an email to [email protected], see if you can get things straightened out.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
SifJar said it best. Get in touch with the poor Swedish guy.
Although I can understand why people would think Spotify is just another download service. Too bad it's not out in the US, yet.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Jakob95 said:

Well, the reason for the 95 is that you were born in 1995, right? And so was he. The two facts you mentioned are very much related to each other, and not seperate coincidences as you seem to assume.

And btw, Spotify does let you download music too, as well as stream, you pay per track like with iTunes, Amazon MP3 etc.

Anyhow, I would recommend trying to contact the real owner of the account, seeing as you have now apparently changed his password so he will not be able to access his Spotify account. Send him an email to [email protected], see if you can get things straightened out.
I just did that and I received my own message that I sent.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm, that's not so good. Try contacting Spotify themselves perhaps, and see if they can straighten things out. I doubt it, but its possible they have some alternative method of contact for the real owner of the account.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1