Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have Spotify send you your password, I'm sure they have a forgot your password option. If you get a password, the mail was legit. If not, it wasn't. Secondly you may get some info on the guy who made the account.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I say
mthrnitesmiley.gif
toot.gif
evil.gif
ph34r.gif

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whizz said:
Have Spotify send you your password, I'm sure they have a forgot your password option. If you get a password, the mail was legit. If not, it wasn't. Secondly you may get some info on the guy who made the account.
I already reset his password with my email. After that he reseted the password. And I also got an email for the new password that he reseted with.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Jakob95 said:
Whizz said:
I already reset his password with my email. After that he reseted the password. And I also got an email for the new password that he reseted with.

so its bipolar?

when you do it he gets it. when he does it you get it? (no pun intended)

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
Whizz said:

That's pretty cool. Send a message to yourself, therfore sending it to him. Or try to leave a notice somehow on the account explaining whats happening.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
SifJar said:
Jakob95 said:
But this is so weird... Why would anyone have the same kind of email address as me, jakob95. And his birthday is almost the same as mine.

Also the account holder is from Sweden.
Well, the reason for the 95 is that you were born in 1995, right? And so was he. The two facts you mentioned are very much related to each other, and not seperate coincidences as you seem to assume.

And btw, Spotify does let you download music too, as well as stream, you pay per track like with iTunes, Amazon MP3 etc.

Anyhow, I would recommend trying to contact the real owner of the account, seeing as you have now apparently changed his password so he will not be able to access his Spotify account. Send him an email to [email protected], see if you can get things straightened out.
I just did that and I received my own message that I sent.

like i said in my last post, and dots are ignored in a gmail email and sent to yours either way.
it doesnt matter if its [email protected], you still will get it

Magoo222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
like i said in my last post, and dots are ignored in a gmail email and sent to yours either way.

If that's the case, how can 2 people set up 2 "identical" e-mail addresses? Surely when User #2 tries to use it they're told the username is already in use?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magoo222 said:
QUOTE said:

If that's the case, how can 2 people set up 2 "identical" e-mail addresses? Surely when User #2 tries to use it they're told the username is already in use?

Yeah, I tried making a duplicate account like Jacobs. It said the email address was already in use, regardless of where the dots are placed.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Make a playlist in his account and leave a message as the title. Or put a load of songs in it to spell out a message
tongue.gif
Tell him what happened (briefly obv.)

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
He can't do that cause he cannot open Spotify without a proxy. From personal experience, that can be VERY slow.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
or use super hide ip to temporily access the accont and

QUOTE said:
Make a playlist in his account and leave a message as the title. Or put a load of songs in it to spell out a message
tongue.gif
Tell him what happened (briefly obv.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER