Wtf facebook hackers again?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by BORTZ, Jun 18, 2010.

Jun 18, 2010

Wtf facebook hackers again? by BORTZ at 2:42 AM (3,732 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. BORTZ
    OP

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Should i tell this person to change their password? They posted this on my wall about an hour ago.

" I wasn't sure it was for me in the beginning but wow actually just got paid $493 this week from doing hardly any effort, this amazing tool REALLY makes MONEY FAST! www•cashtrends•org"

first of all its too generic for me to believe and also the I wasn't sure it was for me in the beginning but wow actually just got paid $493 this week from doing hardly any effort, this amazing tool REALLY makes MONEY FAST! "•" character is kinda a dead give away. Someone using a site like cashtrends would have the intelligence to find that symbol and use it in a link.

It say CASH in the title. effing FAKE

Thoughts?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Somebody's using their account to spam, you're right.

I don't do facebook, but have them undo or remove or get rid of (whatever) any and all apps, and then change their password.

3. Finishoff

Member Finishoff GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Those spams tend to come from applications. I would go under application and remove whatever is making and causing the multiple post to friends. It's not really a hack imo, since it was them that allowed the application to access their information.

4. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    See, that why I do not use applications. [​IMG]

5. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Facebook is an insecure web app run by the most amoral of executives.

If you enjoy willfully handing over information about yourself to the company for them to resell to analytic and advertising groups, then Facebook is for you.

6. zvib

Newcomer zvib Newbie

United States
    Hi all,
    clearly the site cashtrends is spamming on facebook. By searching the expression "cashtrends" on facebook on all public profile (http://www.facebook.com/search/?init=srp&sfxp=&q=cashtrends&gl=1&lo=&sp=) you get an update every 10 seconds :s
    This spam technique seems rather new to me, well I just haven't seen that before but tonight one of my facebook friends just kept posting messages like the one you told...
    It's weird facebook hadn't block all status update containing the expression www*cashtrends*org. I didn't go the website but I'm pretty it will contain malwares...

7. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Yup, just used my crappy netbook to experiment, and cashtrends tried to trap me while shoving some files down IE's throat.

Well, that's too bad.

8. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    There's been some strange shit happening with Facebook lately. Yesterday, I posted a status update on the 3DS, and some people commented on it, but when I clicked the link to that status update again, it was gone. It had just vanished into thin air. I commented on a status update of Hadrian, but according to him, my account name and profile picture had vanished too. After a couple of hours, everything seemed normal again. Seemed. I clicked on another friend's profile and it was deleted. It got back after about half an hour, but that was fucking weird.

9. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    Can't Failbook just disappear entirely? I'm sure then, the problems wouldn't keep happening. [​IMG]

10. zvib

Newcomer zvib Newbie

United States
    Hi all, I have created a forum to list spam like this one: Facebook Spam
    If you notice other spams like this, feel free to add them.

11. worlok375

Member worlok375 GBAtemp's prince

United States
    Self advertisement? Lolwut?

12. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    You should realise the hypocrisy of your message. Also, why would you use forum software to achieve your goal?

493 is the number of Pokemon there are currently not including the new ones from generation 5. I just felt the need to point that out. =P

13. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    zvib-

from our rules: