Wrote .3ds file to hard drive

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by milkman12345, Jan 20, 2014.

1. milkman12345

milkman12345 Newbie

I was writing a .3ds file today and accidentally wrote it to drive E (my external hard drive) instead of the SD card on drive G. I'm not upset about losing a fuckload of games most of which I never played and probably never would. When I insert the hard drive into the USB port I hear my PC make a tone to say it detects a device has been plugged in, but nothing shows up on "My Computer". I have no use of this hard drive now and plan to sell it, but first I need to make it functional.

2. Warrior522

Warrior522 "In all things, balance."

Jul 21, 2010
    United States
    Reformat via either dedicated third party software or a Linux jump drive, problem solved. No idea why on earth this needed a thread...

3. Danny350

Danny350 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Go to your Start Menu and type 'Disk Managment' open the software, and you should find the drive in the list. You'll need to format it and create a partition for it. It will show up in 'My Computer' after that.

4. milkman12345

milkman12345 Newbie

Because some people such as myself don't know shit about computers.
    I've tried that, but it doesn't show up, nor does it work on the HP USB disk formatter I downloaded.

Ammako likes this.
  5. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    First, try a different port. Then try a different computer. If neither detects it, your external drive may have gone belly up.

6. Warrior522

Warrior522 "In all things, balance."

Jul 21, 2010
    United States