Hacking Wrong System Menu Installed

ankc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A friend of mine accidentally installed a ninty update(don't know which one) which is not for his wii(J)...i think he installed a NTSC system via games update...does anyone know how to fix that?btw the wii can't read any disc despite being hardmodded and i think he got the "opera" error...thx

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Can you run another NTSC-J game that contains the latest Firmware? Your friend Wii is japanese right?
Just an idea, other people knows better than me about region conflicts.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OriginalHamster said:
Can you run another NTSC-J game that contains the latest Firmware? Your friend Wii is japanese right?
Just an idea, other people knows better than me about region conflicts.
This will only work if he doesn't have 4.3...If he updated to 4.3U, putting in a game with 4.3J WILL NOT fix it.

If it has HBC installed, just get MMM and use it to install the correct menu.

If the wii doesn't have HBC and is not on 4.3, use bannerbomb to install HBC, then run MMM. If the wii is on 4.3 without HBC, I think you're stuck (hacking 4.3 requires a game).

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The update may have trashes his modchip. Sometimes modchip users can not read discs after the update. The semi brick does not help things either. Hopefully he is not on 4.3, what game was the wii updated from?
OP- are you loading retail disc that are in the region of the wii? Try disc in the region of the wii, and try disc that are in the region of the system menu. I think that the wii will only read disc in the region of the setting.txt on 4.2/4.3 wiis, I don't think the system menu is involved- I could be wrong.
If you can't get any disc to read, you should try to run the firmware disc and config disc for your chip again. You may need to try to remove the chip if nothing else works for you.

ankc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Porobu said:
does he have bootmii/boot2?
no...
frown.gif

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Load up Bannerbomb v2, if you get error 004 you have system menu 4.3 and you will need to use a disc exploit to fix it, unless you have the HBC or a Forwarder Channel installed.

Was this wii softmoded or only the chip?
What kind of chip do you have? I you can't get it to work, you may need to take it out to test disc loading without the chip.

ankc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mauifrog said:
Load up Bannerbomb v2, if you get error 004 you have system menu 4.3 and you will need to use a disc exploit to fix it, unless you have the HBC or a Forwarder Channel installed.

What kind of chip do you have? I you can't get it to work, you may need to take it out to test disc loading without the chip.

he definitely has around 2.X....he said he bought it about 5 years ago and he's not connected to the internet....so he could not have updated to 4.3....can bannerbomb work on versions below 3.X?he doesn't have any softmod...as for the chip i don't know and him either...he didn't even know that his wii was mooded when he bought it...

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
ankc said:
mauifrog said:

he definitely has around 2.X....he said he bought it about 5 years ago and he's not connected to the internet....so he could not have updated to 4.3....can bannerbomb work on versions below 3.X?he doesn't have any softmod...as for the chip i don't know and him either...he didn't even know that his wii was mooded when he bought it...
You said he installed an update via disc. Discs aren't the Internet.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some discs have 4.3 on them. He could have updated to anything. Use savemiifrii to find out what it is.
Sd icon on channel menu is 4.x
No sd icon 3.x or less.

Most games have an update in the 3.x range, 2.x update is less common. New games have 4.x.

ankc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mauifrog said:
Some discs have 4.3 on them. He could have updated to anything. Use savemiifrii to find out what it is.
Sd icon on channel menu is 4.x
No sd icon 3.x or less.

Most games have an update in the 3.x range, 2.x update is less common. New games have 4.x.
it impossible for 4.3 since it was done about a year ago....assuming he was on 2.XJ before and the update he installed was 3.XU do i have to install an update more recent that 2.XJ or 3.XJ?thx

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to install a disc update that has a higher version number than the currently installed system menu. First you need to get the wii to read NTSC-J discs. Find out what kind of chip is installed, then update the firmware and settings for that chip. Depending on the chip depends on how you do this. Hopefully that will get you loading discs again.

ankc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mauifrog said:
You need to install a disc update that has a higher version number than the currently installed system menu. First you need to get the wii to read NTSC-J discs. Find out what kind of chip is installed, then update the firmware and settings for that chip. Depending on the chip depends on how you do this. Hopefully that will get you loading discs again.
assuming i managed to find out what chip is installed,where can i get its updates and how can i install them?thx

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ankc said:
mauifrog said:
assuming i managed to find out what chip is installed,where can i get its updates and how can i install them?thx

Google the chip and find the firmware updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.