1. _V1qY

OP _V1qY GBAtemp Regular

Is it possible to use a DS homebrew to write to a retail cart? I know you can use eepinator to read and write the sav file, and I know you can use NDS Backup FTP to read the ROM, but can you write to the ROM?

If not, are there any instructions of the DS cart's pinout so I can use an arduino to write to a DS cart?

Is this even possible, or is the ROM stuck once it has been written once? If so is there a way I can get a blank cart?

2. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    no ,of course not, ROM= READ ONLY memory

3. 13ds
    This message by 13ds has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 20, 2013.
    Sep 12, 2013
  4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Blank carts would be hard to obtain, but probably not impossible. Look around for chinese suppliers on sites like aliexpress, they would probably give you a great price on bulk orders (but most certainly won't do a production run just for a few carts), if you can find one willing to supply you with carts that is.

However, I have no idea how you would flash the ROM, on retail carts this is probably done before the ROM chip is soldered onto the cart. I am not sure if the chip pins used for writing are even exposed on a DS cart's pins.

Easier would be to find a chinese supplier willing to do a production run of a DS cart with your own ROM and sticker on it, but there would be a minimum amount and it would only be for 1 ROM.

5. Foxi4

Foxi4 Endless Trash
    Global Moderator

Poland
    I'm pretty sure that all writing capabilities are crippled on ROM cartridges on the assembly line, ROM is called ROM for a reason.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Writing,