Hacking Wrist strap warning

m-tek

OP
Trophies
Website
supex0.co.uk
XP
Country
Does anyone know where this is located??

For example is it in the game or is it booted from the console before the game..

Just thought it would be nice to remove it some way...

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I would like to know this too would be nice to have a program to brickblock and remove the warning
smile.gif

Nathan-NL

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It could also be blocked by a modchip or the backup loaders, so..go mail those creators and ask them to put the option into a new firmware
wink.gif
(Modchips are able to block out the updates now)

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
It's definitely part of the game disc itself, as different games have slightly different screens (e.g. older games don't show the jacket on the Wiimote). I doubt there will be a generic way to skip these that could be coded into a loader or a modchip, but if you could extract the game files you might be able to remove it from the game. I would also like to be able to remove publisher/developer logos from the beginnings of games too.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
The wrist strap warning screen (just like the Home Menu) is part of the game. Where those files are located and in which format they are, thus depends on the game.

The warning screen also acts as a loading screen for many games, so removing it is a little bit pointless, at least for those games.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pelago said:
I would also like to be able to remove publisher/developer logos from the beginnings of games too.

Its already been done with the Guitar Hero 3 Customs.

One custom had replaced the logos with an episode of South Park, the "Guitar Hero" episode.

The custom was called: My Chemical Romance.

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why would you even want to delete or replace it? Would the game be faster? Better playable?
Then, it would be nice.
Other way, it would be useless, just wait 5 seconds! That's not so much.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
In the Xbox scene, there was a quite a community of people who hacked intro movies/logos out of games, mainly to make them faster to load but sometimes to reduce the size of the games too. See for example http://rahszhul.xhce.com/ . Note that some of these changes remove cutscenes from within the gameplay itself, which personally I wouldn't want to do.

The thing about the Xbox was that it could run games off the HDD so it was easy to experiment. Until the same happens for Wii it will be tricky to have to reburn discs all the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1