Gaming Wow, I thought the AR on the 3DS was trickable.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seriously guys, download Pokedex 3D, and try using the AR feature on this page

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/every-single-qr-code-for-pokedex-3d

It's a freaking computer screen, but yet the damn thing thinks it's real.

Or am I just late to this party again?

Technology....limited only by mankind.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 - You're just relizing this? People have posted that image with all those hundreds of times.
2 - Why isn't this in the 3DS section?
3 - It's a form of QR code, it's just a image. The 3DS displaying it is just a computer screen too.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1 - You're just relizing this? People have posted that image with all those hundreds of times.
2 - Why isn't this in the 3DS section?
3 - It's a form of QR code, it's just a image. The 3DS displaying it is just a computer screen too.

Waitaminute....did I just post in the wrong section again.

Dammit! Dammit Dammit! I keep doing this time and time again. Maybe I should stop keeping multiple tabs open.

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't really call this a QR code in the sense it's like the Mii QR codes as it's really not.

There's no checksum bytes or error correction on these, it's just binary data displayed in a Matrix format. It's still a Quick Response code, but it's Nintendo's own. It doesn't even hold any data except a reference number which is looked up by the pokedex software which dissplay's the referenced pokemon, It's sooooo much easier to make an app to cycle through them all though.

This thread isn't really going to go anywhere from here........ i would suggest closing/locking until the pokedex has something new to do with the QR codes.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You realize the only difference between printing that out and having it on the screen is that one is physical, right? You can see them through the camera, cameras can't differentiate between a screen, nor would it be worth it to. This is old, old, old, common sense news.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
yea a few of us tempians made the chart same day as pokedex released LOL

i just keep the big image on ma phone and use it when i get new pokemon to get stickers LOL

pokemon.jpg

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A guy on GameFAQs made a little application for displaying the image based on the selected pokemon, for easier searches.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why wouldn't you be able to scan a Pokedex QR code off a computer screen? You can scan normal QR codes off a computer screen with your smartphone. Try it sometime. It's just simple image recognition software coupled with the camera. I work at a football stadium, and we can scan customers' tickets off their smartphones with our ticket scanners.

Besides, except for a few legendary Pokemon, scanning the code doesn't give you the Pokemon, just the sticker (although it does increase the likelihood the Pokemon will come up on SpotPass), so it's not like you can just scan everything and have your Pokedex complete in 5 minutes. And, the Pokedex 3D is a free app, and not even a proper "game" at that, so it simply isn't worth Nintendo's time, effort, and money to prevent "abuses" that don't really accomplish anything.

Off-topic, the spell-checker in my version of Firefox recognizes Pokemon, but not Pokedex :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1