wow.. Disturbia was sweet..

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by JacobReaper, Aug 19, 2007.

?

Have you seen Disturbia?

1. Yup

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Aug 19, 2007
  1. JacobReaper
    OP

Member JacobReaper I Love You....

United States
    wow.. i just finished Disturbia.. VERY great movie, if you haven't seen it, you really should.. what are your thoughts on the movie? [​IMG]

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Had I've not watched any Hitchcock films I would've loved it, but some of it was basically copying ideas from the masters films. I know it was intended as a homage but to copy bits is a bit wrong to me.

Apart from that it was good.

3. ediblebird

Member ediblebird GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I personally liked it a lot too, and i have seen rear window. But i think i enjoyed it by not relating the films to each other in any way(Not looking to make comparisons)

4. Zendrik

Member Zendrik GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well, I have not seen that many Hitchcock films and I was still unimpressed by this movie. I thought that the movie was drawn out and should have been 30-45 minutes shorter. Some parts were dragging while others were amazing.

The whole "spy on the guy shopping while i get the garage code" bit was amazing. I was very tense the whole time, especially when the neighbor got in the girls car.

Another problem I had was that at the beginning, Lebouf's character was introduced as a stupid student who failed classes. Part way through the movie, he becomes a technological engineering genius. Rewiring camcorders to his mac, having pictures taken from a phone sent directly to his computer, appearing at four pictures per screen. These pictures were also perfectly upscaled and cropped with no pixelation.

Then when the neighbor was in his house attacking him, he tries to pull the "modem" out of the wall to alert the police. Why didnt he just tamper with leg receiver. Where were his l33t hacking skillz there?

Then, the girl hates Shia because he wouldnt drop the spying, but then hes a hero so everything is good and she "falls in love with him".

P.S. After asking some girls I know, none of them would find the creepy "sweet talk" Shia gave to the girl during her party romantic. Every girl I asked would have turned him down cause spying is creepy in the first place