Hacking Would you buy a flashcart if you weren't allowed to pirate?

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ItsMetaKnight said:
flashcarts wouldn't exist if you couldn't pirate at all
God damn you guys are annoying.
Stop pointing out holes in my thread and stick to the topic, please.

Yes, flashcarts wouldn't exist if you couldn't pirate, but now that they have existed for quite some time now, and have many applicable uses besides piracy. I am wondering what people's opinions are on if these uses alone warrant the use of a flashcart.

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I first got my AK2i for homebrew only
tongue.gif

The ROMs came later xD

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No I wouldn't buy a flashcart if I couldn't pirate.
biggrin.gif
Personally I don't have the money to buy all the games I want.
I would still buy some games like how I bought SS.

Psst Jakob you still pirate songs/videos onto it. At least commonly you do to get the stuff no? For the iPlayer you can play gba roms so that doesn't really count anymore.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Atashi said:
I would / did. I bought my flashcart so that I could play the games I'd already bought, without having to worry about carrying all the little cartridges around. Now the originals stay safe at home on the bookshelf and I enjoy the convenience of having my favorite games all available at once.
smile.gif

(I know that's considered against the rules in some places, but luckily I don't live in that sort of place.)

I'm also enjoying some homebrew apps, and have been dabbling in doing some homebrew of my own.

About the only thing I haven't explored is multimedia on the DS. But I like that it's a possibility.

Cheers!

-Atashi

AMEN

BTW, are you stalking me? I keep all my carts on my bookshelf!

gringosam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the M3DS Real way back when JUST so I could use DSColors! I'm an artist and can't tell you how many times I've done quick paint sketches on my DS Lite. (DSi doesn't have the pressure senstivity of the DS Lite).

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes I would and I do live in a country that frowns apon flashcarts and other devices that let me get free games.

ramboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
here in the phillipines,piracy rules!!! coz no official distributor sony psp ds playstation and games consoles all are import and cost higher,,,you use ur psp or ds anywhere and no one will stop you bcoz of piracy i live in a free country the backdrop you only get service warranty

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
DeltaBladeX said:
Sumea said:
First honest to this thread:

Short answer:
No.
As hard as it is to believe, some people do prefer to own their games rather than pirate. I know I do. As stated, I brought my cart for emulation of older systems. Beyond the occasional test of something before I spend all that cash, I only use this for NeoDS and NitroHax. Just wish that the iPlayer was out when I got my card. GBA emu would have been useful for Pokemon hacks.

Sorry; I just (as said) was ACTUALLY HONEST about it.

I do not need moral lecture on liking owning a game, I know it is nice, I am very happy to have 1000$ worth of legal PC games over few years and some nice PS2 games - But I am moneyless most of time.

And thus I just said straightforward: I would not not have flashcart if I could not get games out of it. It's free as in beer - for someone empty pocketed.

And this was not wide question; I was answering how it goes for me.

If I had no flashcart, I probably would have another gamecube/GBA - about... SIX games (that is all games I had when I owned Gamecube, and GBA had less even).

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Dwight said:
ItsMetaKnight said:
flashcarts wouldn't exist if you couldn't pirate at all
God damn you guys are annoying.
Stop pointing out holes in my thread and stick to the topic, please.

Yes, flashcarts wouldn't exist if you couldn't pirate, but now that they have existed for quite some time now, and have many applicable uses besides piracy. I am wondering what people's opinions are on if these uses alone warrant the use of a flashcart.

i won't even buy a DS
tongue.gif

back to your question, i won't buy any.. even is for homebrew sake
smile.gif

have no need for those stuff

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yes I would. Music on the DS Lite ftw! I don't want to buy a DSi just for the music, I love just having the console with me and whenever I want to be able to just open it up put the headphones in and listen to my pirated music... ...wait that still means I'm pirating. Oo;

drag0nzord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wouldnt.

the whole reason i own a DS is for its games. its homebrew capability is a retarded step child compared to the psp.

and actually the only thing i even use my psp for is media, emulators, and homebrew. the actual games on it suck.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Probably.

Having ALL my legit games handy on one card means the other cards don't need to go where I go.

And it permits me to use a DS for a few other tasks which are not all that bad. I have a few text files on mine that are handy. It makes an adequate personal organizer.

But I will say I bought it to employ games I knew were most assuredly not worth the price even if worth a bit of casual fiddling with.

In the end though, I find NoCash and a laptop will work fine for a great number of the DS games I like as well.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would for the emulation (most of the games I play via emu are old games I still have in storage someplace anyways) and for the homebrew stuff like Videogames Hero, Lemmings DS, and Doom DS. I think that alone was worth the price.

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely. Having all my games in one place, being able to manage saved games (making backups is great for some tougher games, or even just having a second save slot for games that only allow one), access to saved game editors (pokesav), Action Replay codes, the handful of good homebrew titles... all great.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd definitely still buy a flashcard. Nothing's more frustrating than juggling DS cards. That, and I like to use some homebrew, specifically save dumpers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7