Hacking Would you buy a flashcart if you weren't allowed to pirate?

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBladeX said:
Sumea said:
First honest to this thread:

Short answer:
No.
As hard as it is to believe, some people do prefer to own their games rather than pirate. I know I do. As stated, I brought my cart for emulation of older systems. Beyond the occasional test of something before I spend all that cash, I only use this for NeoDS and NitroHax. Just wish that the iPlayer was out when I got my card. GBA emu would have been useful for Pokemon hacks.
... so you bought a flash cart for the sole purpose of pirating older games? pirating is pirating regardless of how old the game is.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No I would not because I don't care for homebrew and I don't mind carrying around all my games with me. Well I do mind, but I don't travel a lot and I like to focus on only one or two game(s) at a time so it doesn't really matter much.
Like some people said before me, I wouldn't even have a DS if I couldn't pirate.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd probably still have bought my Cyclo.
I still need the various other functions it allows, plus I don't have space to carry around all my games.

In other news, I would definitely have a GameFly subscription
smileipb2.png

JamesTrain

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well your already "not allowed" to pirate, but if you're asking if you should buy one even if you dont download games that you dont already have then I would say yes, still get one. IMO just the convenience of only having to carry around one cart is worth 20 bucks.

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. I have a flashcart (CycloDS) because I have enough crap to carry around with me, and a bunch of games isn't going to help. The main reason I have the flashcart is for that reason - I only need to carry my DS lite and that's it. If I feel like playing some of my older GBA games I'll slip the 3-in-1+ in before I leave the house.

Media? I never use Moonshell or any other media player. That's what my iPod Touch is for.

Homebrew? I bought the flashcart simply for that one reason, to save carrying around my games ... using homebrew on it came later. Things like Lemmings DS gave me about the same much play time as a retail game, if not more, and it's free! True, there aren't many quality homebrew games out there, but it's better to have a way to play those few that are worth having, than not having a flashcart and being unable to use them at all.

To tell you the truth, I dislike piracy. And that's the thing that prevents me from downloading games myself - I'd rather pay people for spending the time and effort to make the game. If it turns out to be a piece of shit I'll return it to the store a few days after buying it, either for a refund or to exchange for a different game.

scoutwild

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THat's not a question to me at all. If you can play free games downloaded somewhere with all the features on, FOR FREE, why choose not? You are morally restricting yourself from being corrupted by the game or by the notion of download games?

I don't think there will be FBI knocking at your door to check your DS collection and then sue you for a few games..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol newegg+