Would this method work for me?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by handheldvet, Mar 10, 2016.

1. handheldvet
    OP

handheldvet Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 29, 2016
    Hiya guys, I've been working with GalladeGuy most of the night setting up a 2DS I've just bought to set up emuNAND, problem is, stupid me forgot that I'd need a big SD card for it, and carried on using the supplied 4GB instead -.-

What I wanna know is, would this method below work if I got a 32GB or 64GB SD card and tried to set that one up.

1) Backup the contents of your old SD card on your computer (just make a copy of all the files on your computer).

2) Keep the old SD card in your computer and use "Emunand Tool" (http://filetrip.net/3ds-downloads/ut...-3-f33079.html to download it) to backup the emunand of your old SD card. Just run the program, click on "Extract emuNAND" and wait. It should create a ~950M file, keep it somewhere on your computer.

3) Put your new SD card in your computer and copy the last version of the "launcher.dat" file in the root of the card.

4) Put the new SD card back in the 3DS and boot the gateway menu (hold "L" when you launch the "DS profile").

5) Create a new emunand on this new SD card by choosing the "format emunand" option.

6) Once a new emunand is created, put your new SD card on your computer and restore your emunand backup with "Emunand Tool" (click on "Inject NAND to emuNAND" and choose the ~950M file that was previously created).

7) Copy/paste all the files you copied on your computer during the step 1 (to restore your game saves, which are .sav files, and such).

8) Put the new SD card back in the 3Ds and boot emunand. You should get back the same emunand you had before with the old SD card.

Note : If you had downloaded some games on the eshop, you have to reinstall them manually if they are not restored automaticaly by entering your NNID again and redownload them on the list of items you bought.

2. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    Yes, that will work.

3. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    yes that will work i think i read something about 64 gb so im not sure but 32 gb works for sure because i have one and have done all that

4. handheldvet
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 29, 2016
    I've just tried this, put I'm getting stuck on step 4, I'm trying to boot it into gateway, but it's not working through the settings and holding L, it just tells me there's been an error

5. imthe666st

imthe666st Felyne Hunter

Aug 16, 2015
    Germany
    ><HFB>
    If you use a 64gb sdxc remember to format it first.

6. handheldvet
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 29, 2016
    Sorry, I should of said, I completed this using the USB image tool & partition tool :D