Would Rock Band 2 Work?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kkyz13, Dec 28, 2008.

1. kkyz13
    OP

kkyz13 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2008
    Senegal
    Hello, my first post here. Been lurking for quite some time, learning bits and pieces, but now I would like to seek help from those familiar with the Wiikey 1.9.

I plan to buy a legit copy of Rock Band 2 US for the Wii, but from all the research gathered, I fear it may load to a black screen. Mainly because my Wii is a JP Wii with everything Japanese. I plan to take some actions to make it playable, but region changing I feel is a last resort because my whole library of games are mostly JP, and I really like Tatsunoko vs CAPCOM. [​IMG]

A few facts though, could be helpful to others:

Guitar Hero III Legit works perfectly on my Wii, and still works at 3.3J. The guitar works perfect, Wiimote makes awful sounds when missing notes.

Rock Band 2 is reported to support all forms of instruments made for the Wii. That's good, GHIII guitar would probably work.

Rock Band 2 itself, contains a patch to allow the Wii to recognize the Drums and Guitars and Mic that come with the game. The update would not brick the console from what I gathered.

Somewhat like Rock Band 1, which have similar symptoms (and developers); Rock Band 2 should contains some anti-piracy checks, it would block out the usage of Guitars and Drums when loaded through a loader like GeckoOS. It would load to black screen in some cases when it detects a wrong region.

Rock Band 2 has an online shop option coming soon, though I have no idea if a different region system can access it.

So I really really want to play it.

First idea is to use a loader, like GeckoOS, but from reading, and looking at Rock Band 1, the guitar and drum won't work. I think.

2nd is to use a menu loader and boot the US IOS, but I'm rather unfamiliar with it (would play with it when I got the time).

3rd is to unleash the last resort and change, downgrade, and completely turnaround, region change to a US region. This poses many questions, namely would my Wiikey 1.9 still function? Is the Wiikey region free or must I use config discs to change the Wiikey Region Config? I get conflicting reports all over the place, saying the Wiikey 1.9 is region free and not region free. Let's answer this!

TLDR; Would Wiikey 1.9 be good enough to run Rock Band 2? I don't want to spend so much to just get a game that doesn't function.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice