Would it be possible......

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by frostyfrosty, Apr 13, 2009.

Apr 13, 2009
  1. frostyfrosty
    OP

Member frostyfrosty GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You know like movies and such...

i think this would be beyond awsome if we could do this. (which i think is entirely possible.)

2. Kenjii

Newcomer Kenjii Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I'm sorry, what?

Does this REALLY, REALLY matter? Are you saying that instead of playing the game you're going to watch a 10 second clip of the game? What on EARTH is the point in this? I mean, come on, what satisfaction is there to be had from watching a small clip of the game? It is BEYOND pointless in having a clip of the video game. I'm sorry, but it just is.

Stick with covers. They are ALL you need. You look at them for 1 second to see what the game is if you can't be arsed to read the title, and then the game will load up. A clip is so pointless.

3. funnystory

Banned funnystory Banned

United States
    No dont make him look like an idiot.Hes talking about like the psp.When you have games on the psp.

4. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Some people prefer flashy things... such an option could be seen as more professional. Look at demo discs that get released, they usually contain a lot of animation to draw you into selecting a certain game.

Is it purely asthetics? Yes. You don't even really need game covers as long as you know what you're selecting so why have that feature at all either?

To answer frosty, is it possible? Yes. Is anyone working on it? Not that I know of and I doubt it's very high on anyone's priority list.

5. Meowayne

Member Meowayne GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Yeah, let's make ANOTHER function and another two dozen different versions, before the important things all work properly. Let's do that.

6. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Because everyone that works on the loaders has the knowledge and ability to fix all of the USB driver issues...

There is no reason this has to be an either or thing... We have people who are good at coding but don't know the wii hardware intimately enough to accomplish fixes like what you want Meowayne... And we have people like Waninkoko who is a good programmer and knows the wii hardware well, but doesn't like making all these fancy GUI features... There is no reason then while Wanin is working and improving the cIOS and the usbloader that our other good programmers can't go about adding all these nice features.

Does it need priority? Not really... I'd never even use it... but if someone wants to program it and some people will use it then I ask why not?

7. Kenjii

Newcomer Kenjii Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    You sir, fail.

8. limesherbert

Member limesherbert GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Man I don't even get why everyone is so crazy about having a GUI or covers either. I mean, how much time are you going to spend at the game selection screen anyway?

9. Dteyn

Member Dteyn GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I for one wouldn't mind Ocarina support, Force video mode, and other basics before we add on the lunar support module, popcorn maker, shoe buffer, hamburger press and kitchen sink to the USB Loader.

10. ppmeis

Newcomer ppmeis Member

Spain
    I don't like a video option. But maybe could be a good idea something like show banner on USBLoader Menu, not directly from game installed on HDD, I think it could be more viable to stay .bnr files on SD.

11. Dteyn

Member Dteyn GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Also it doesn't have to be a video file... it could be an animated .gif to save on system resources.