PS1/2 Would FreeMcBoot work with Matrix

hugofthunder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I have a PS2 with Matrix. This person is selling me FreeMcboot, along with SATA(which I already have). Is using FreeMcboot vs. Matrix better? Sometimes a game would freeze on my PS2, could I attribute that to my internal HDD or could the Matrix thing be at fault? Thanks!

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used both matrix and fmcb. Personally, I've had the best success with OPL and a crossover cable.

Also, if you have matrix, all you need is a memory card and to burn a bootable fmcb installer, no need to purchase anything.

Last edited by SirAileron,
Reactions: hugofthunder

RMZK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Better yet. with matrix you can just burn a copy of fmcb. After that I suggest to install OPL and run games from local network.
USB and HDD are not optimal for getting the best experience. For example in God of war the cutscenes are choppy. Just spend like 20 bucks on network cable and borrow a crimper.

Reactions: hugofthunder

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’d stick with your modchip. Freemcboot is inferior to any chip. I have a dms3 chip and have tried freemcboot only to revert back to using my chips dev1 mode. Freemcboot is redundant when you have a chip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just gonna need you to put on these fuzzy handcuffs lol