Hardware Would dual analog make a difference?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still think it's a bit late to suddenly add an extra analog stick at this point.

Also, that dual stick mockup looks weird. The angle on the second stick is wrong and the power button has gone entirely.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
QUOTE said:
Would dual analog make a difference?

Sure it would, it would attract crippled, dumbed down half assed ports of home console games to the 3DS like flies to a rotting dog. When thinking about a 3DS version for a game, publishers wouldn't say "it's a whole new console, let's play up to its strengths and avoid its weaknesses"; they'd say, "hey, it's just like a tiny PS3, let's just cut the textures and drawing distance and we're set."

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually play FPS pretty well on the PSP, Dual analogue or not, and I think that it would be nice to have a dual analogue, But I would probably prefer the right analogue on the top of the ABXY buttons, It would probably not only feel better, but look better as well.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
weebwobb said:
Here's a Top 5 article on why 3DS needs dual sticks.
1. Two sticks are the BEST way to navigate 3D
2. Gamers already know how to navigate 3D worlds with dual sticks
3. Adding it now is easy. Adding it later splits the market.
4. Give some love to the Lefties
5. Some games aren’t fun without them
6. Why not add two sticks?
7. Dual Sticks are Uptown

http://gamesilike.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/3ds-dually.jpg

lol, Top 5 with 7 reasons.

Anyways, these "Top 5" reasons seem to mainly be based because "hey, they did it, so why not you Nintendo?" Nintendo has been successful by "doing it their own way", so while it would be nice to have that 2nd analog slider, if Nintendo feels they can get by without it, then so can I.

EDIT:

Odd, the quote got cut off when I posted

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I... don't really understand why lefties complain about the position of controls. The again, I'm right handed, so what do I know, but I have no trouble controlling both the buttons and directional pad or analog stick. Shouldn't it be the same for left handed people?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm left handed and I don't complain about the controls. Maybe because I've grown up always adapted to controls like that.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it would make it viable to have shooters etc on the 3DS platform. Also, it would make a mario platformer better - proper camera control.

dhjohn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
I... don't really understand why lefties complain about the position of controls. The again, I'm right handed, so what do I know, but I have no trouble controlling both the buttons and directional pad or analog stick. Shouldn't it be the same for left handed people?
I would only complain if a game wanted me to use both the stylus, and the d-pad or slider. Other than that I'm fine.

Rhubarb on Fire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, we use our left hand to write on the touch screen, so we can't also use our left hand to properly work the slider at the same time. I've tried improvising, but it either cramps my hand or majorly gimps my accuracy. But who knows, maybe the slider is easier to work with than the DS Phat's D-pad I tested it out on?

Well, the DS gameplay has worked fine for me because I can switch back and forth with no time limitations ingame, I just hope the slider's gameplay works the same way.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
I'm left handed and I don't complain about the controls. Maybe because I've grown up always adapted to controls like that.
I'm a righty, but this is how I always figured lefty gamers felt. Just because you are dominant in one hand doesn't mean you have to do everything backwards, you just play and get used to how the controls work like any other gamer.

Nintendo has said that it's a tight squeeze in the 3DS already and there isn't room for the guts required for dual sticks, and the touch screen works perfectly fine for a second stick anyway.

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Why do we always complain even when the console isn't out yet.I'm a lefty but I don't having complaints.I think we're just asking too much from ninty from still a young and will be tested console.Let's just be happy that they finally adding a slider and buffed up their console.Let's not just bite more than we can chew.
mellow.gif

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Domination said:
Fabis94 said:
If no 2nd analog, then at least put it on the other side. What's the point of an analog if there's already a D-pad. Waste of space and time.
psp_skype_1.jpg

So? Since when they got it right?

FPS games using a Touch screen are an effing pain. You get used to it, but it scratches your screen really fast. At least if i had a 2nd analog i wouldn't have to touch it at all.

And again - if there's a D-pad on that side, there is pretty much no point to add an analog.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Fabis94 said:
FPS games using a Touch screen are an effing pain. You get used to it, but it scratches your screen really fast.
That's why they invented screen protectors.
rolleyes.gif

I've always used screen protectors and never had a single problem with them, more than worth wile an investment.
yaynds.gif

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
snico1995 said:
if nintendo wants to market this to hardcore gamers i suggest they add another analog slider.
Hardcore gamers?And what do you mean by that? A "Hardcore" gamers is just someone who plays a lot of games, not some FPS obsessed gamer. Just to make sure. FPS does not = Hardcore!
If it does then my 4 year old cousin is a hardcore gamer right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1