Hardware Would dual analog make a difference?

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
honestly i think what they need to do is this, keep the left analog stick and REMOVE the D-Pad on the left, with the stick there it's useless.also i see no reason to add a second analog stick, i play plenty of PC FPS games, and i liked the touchscreen control for metroid hunters a lot. but one thing i REALLY want them to change is the shape of the indent in the case in which the analog stick fits, it should have straigt edges in like an octagon like the wii or game-cube's analog sticks, makes it way easier to be precise. and i agree with Arm73 the touch screen is WAY better than two analog sticks, i play FPS on the PC, and when i try playing XBOX or PS3 FPSs i fail at aiming... yet im awesome at the DS FPS games htat use touchscreen... i wonder why???

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Enough with the dual stick analog. I wonder if the psp had a discussion about this also. The touch screen is good enough for a shooter as it is, and when was the last time someone bought a nintendo console just for FPS games? If you actually bought a Nintendo console for playing FPS games only
facepalmf.gif
. Even god would wonder why.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why do people think

baffle-boy said:
honestly i think what they need to do is this,

As if they are going to make such drastic changes to the 3DS. Besides it has a Gyro in which could be used in teh place of the second analogue.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
qlum said:
I don't need a other analog just a mirrored version of the 3ds will do just make a mirrored motherboard and casing, give it an special color and name it 3ds left handed edition
Nothing wrong with how it is. Left handed people develop with consoles as they are now. At least, I did.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Donald Serrot said:
Fabis94 said:
FPS games using a Touch screen are an effing pain. You get used to it, but it scratches your screen really fast.
That's why they invented screen protectors.
rolleyes.gif

I've always used screen protectors and never had a single problem with them, more than worth wile an investment.
yaynds.gif

Oh having to spend more money only to be able to play games is a good sign of quality.

Also screen protectors are a pain to apply.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Fabis94 said:
Oh having to spend more money only to be able to play games is a good sign of quality.

Yeah, paying a few bucks so you won't have to worry about the screen getting scratched up is such a problem, isn't it? /sarcasm

QUOTE(Fabis94 @ Jul 12 2010, 08:51 AM) Also screen protectors are a pain to apply.

That may be true, but that is a few minutes vs the months of continuous usage you'll be using the device. I got my DSphat at release, and put screen protectors on it the next day. The screens are still in good condition after all these years.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Fabis94 said:

Also screen protectors are a pain to apply.
Yeah, let's get rid of the touchscreen altogether. Who needs it anyway? It scratches way too easily, and protectors are such a hassle. It's like the console isn't even finished when we get it, and we have to assemble the final pieces ourselves. Bah.
hate2.gif

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not a big fan of FPS games, however I think a lot of games could benefit from this, even if the one on the right were slightly smaller than the one on the left. I've stated this before, but I think of Smash TV on the NES where you could use two NES controllers held sideways to play. Two analog sticks would have been perfect for that game.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
DiscostewSM said:
I got my DSphat at release, and put screen protectors on it the next day. The screens are still in good condition after all these years.

And I've had several DS/DS Lites and never used screen protectors and my screens are all in good condition after all these years. They're basically just a scam by hori etc, they're not needed at all unless you're an idiot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."