Hardware Would a GPU or CPU upgrade improve game performance more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, that's great. CPU-Z doesn't tell me squat information usefull for finding the watts mine is though.
not even the operating voltage?

I have a second idea, how about the use of a kill-a-watt (20-30$ in hardware stores, you can always return it later), it'll let you see the quantity of power your comp uses exactly, instead of using approximation in order to guess the amount of spare room you have.

Reactions: 1 person

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a second idea, how about the use of a kill-a-watt (20-30$ in hardware stores, you can always return it later), it'll let you see the quantity of power your comp uses exactly, instead of using approximation in order to guess the amount of spare room you have.
I never knew about this product. I could really use it, so I wanted to say thank you for mentioning it. :)

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm already well aware of Kill-A-Watt, but I am limited in budget to $100 already, and I'm limited to what they have available inside Microcenter.

Ok, to be entirely safe with this, I'll be getting the Phenom II X6 1045T instead, it's only 95 watts. I'm quite confident that even at it's stock speed of 2.7Ghz, it'll be a big boost in gaming performance for me. If it's not the boost I'm hoping for, I can always overclock it to 3.0GHZ.

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got the Phenom II 965 Black Edition, not overclocked yet. Works great, there was a 4 hour Guild Wasr 2 stress Test yesterday, and using the same settings as previous, my FPS went from ~25 to ~55. I was able to put the settings on max and have it still fully playable. :yay:

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's good. Now to upgrade that GPU! Or get another and SLI them, if you can SLI your card.

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea my Motherboard only has 1 pci-e video card slot,and I sure as HELL don't have the money to upgrade my motherboard, another video card, and a new power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: