Worst shovelware title on the DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by IzzehO, Sep 1, 2009.

Sep 1, 2009
  1. IzzehO
    OP

Member IzzehO GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Soooooo much shovelware out there. What do you guys thing the most generic, terrible or just plain pathetic game deserves the title of worst?

Please don't turn this into an "Imagine: My penis" or whatever the hell you guys do in the Imagine release threads - it wasn't funny in the first game.. and wasn't funny in the 39th (Yes there are in excess of 39 imagine titles).

My vote goes for that John Deere farming game... I mean really... what kid says "I wanna buy a game so I can mow lawns! Secondly would go to that Deal or No Deal game. Biggest market cash-in ever IMO.

2. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    IMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMA
    INEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINE
    MAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAG
    NEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINEIMAGINE

There, that was an exact of 39. I think I've made my point.

3. ZenZero

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    call of duty

4. KingdomBlade

Philippines
    Um, you can't just say that when other people like it. It's not shovelware because, it has worth, it's not aimed at noobs, the developers didn't make it in like 2 months or something, and it's active and a lot of people play it.

5. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    as said before... imagin series.

6. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    Nobody knows the worst shovelware title because nobody plays those games long enough to make the distinction. What you have to do is define the line where a low budget game becomes shovelware and then accept that everything below that line is collectively the worst.

7. Njrg

Banned Njrg Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~

United States
    Elf Bowling 1&2. This is fact. This is not open for discussion. :/

8. KingdomBlade

Philippines
    What the hell is that? That sounds horrible. He probably hasn't heard of it, that's why he couldn't make an opinion.

9. zapwing

Newcomer zapwing Newbie

Philippines
  10. Njrg

United States
    The entire game can be played and beaten in less than 10 minutes...
    But would you even want to? :/

11. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    i vote for my make up and my dress up
    there isn't any game play instead of dressing up the girls
    CRAP

12. Fabis94

Member Fabis94 Xbawx playa

Latvia
    80% of the whole DS library is shovelware, so it's really hard to vote (by the way, don't put up a poll, or else you will need to add about ~2500 titles).

I would say, every game in the Imagine series? But i really don't know, since i don't look at shovelware screens or vids.

13. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States

That game is good. I play it sometimes its fun. And multiplayer is also good in that game. Its not shovelware.

14. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Aquarium is pretty bad. You basically set there, watching looping fish animations and feed them. That's all. Atleast with Elf Bowling you play it.

15. Bleedingelite

Member Bleedingelite GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The Pokemon games. The developers haven't even bothered to put any kind of effort into it since the originals. They just add some monsters and colors and a special ed-driven touch control design, and people eat it up. It's shovelware because they just shove it out the door and people buy the shit out of it.

16. Njrg

United States
    Best Post Ever

17. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    good point and agree [​IMG]
    they are also one of the game that being released in many languages

using your point + my point (being released in many languages)..
    indeed it will be the king of all shovelware

*FLAME SHIELD: ON*

18. Silent Storm

Member Silent Storm GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    lol @ Pokemon games being shovelware. [​IMG]

19. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I agree with all the people with Pokemon being shovelware. When they were new on the GB days, they were very original and fun. But as time goes on, nothing was changed. Besides slight upgrades in graphics and sound, the games have almost NO evolutions in their core gameplay. None of the games are terrible, but I have to give a facepalm to Nintendo/Gamefreak as well as their supporting customers for allowing no real progress in the series. All games are developed on the same basic engine, up ported to higher standards of graphics. None of the games even take full advantage of the systems they are on. And the sprite animation hasn't improved much at all since the GBC/GBA days. Most battles have almost no animation. Probably some of the cheapest development costs ever. Not a bad thing in Nintendo's favor though lol!

I especially hate the kind of games that are repackaged 2 or 3 times with only minimal changes. I've played Platinum and everything. Pretty much exactly the same game, except rereleased for the third time with a new game price and they expect the same gamers to buy it for the third time. And it succeeds.

Then the remakes. Not satisfied with making "new" games in the series with little improvements. Not even satisfied with repackaging the same game 3 times to sucker you into "collecting them all". They have to hype a huge remake of an old game and sell it to the same old crowd. The only upside to this is it works in the favor of the series. As the series has featured so little improvement or upgrades, the old games haven't really aged much. But that's not a very good thing considering the circumstances. BTW, I also know about the pedometer thing in the remakes. Not a big deal IMO. Gimmicky.

Enjoy Pokemon all you like. Even I do. But the three things I mentioned about the series are true and somewhat sickening once you think about it. The new Pokemons are in such a state of sameness that I took to playing Dragon Quest Monsters Joker as a breath of fresh air. It feels like a more evolved Pokemon entry to me.

20. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer, looks like something knocked up on "Klick n' Play" in three weeks.

There are worse offenders out there for sure but I think that stands out because its from Take-Two Interactive, they are a huge company and can afford to pay the developers to work longer on a game. Also its a movie title so its pretty much guaranteed to sell something.

The characters could lend to some great variety in levels but what we got were cookie cutter arcade sections that are completely bereft of ideas. Just a pure 100% bullshit contract obligation from the developer.

I agree with that but I dont ever see that changing what with the sales of each game being over 2 million and fans wanting remakes all the time.