Hacking worst.psp.ever.

obito

I can have a title?! :O
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I seriously dunno what to do guys.. had a bricked psp, installed 5.0 OFW on it countless times using a pandora. Then whenever I try to update to a 6.xx OFW it doesn't reach 100%, gets to 99 then back to 85 again.. Then I have no choice but to turn off the psp during the install.. Then When I reboot it seems as if the OFW was installed properly, but then I try to load the pro updates and the psp just goes black then off.

I've done this with 6.39 pro b7 and 6.2 pro b7. This psp 1k doesn't seem to like any 6.xx FW/CFW at all.. Everything was working fine on 5.5 prome-4. Then I tried to update, and got screwed over.. Also I've formatted several times.. Help pleeease, I need to install Pro b7 for a friend.. this never happened to my psp..

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
don't double post.
lecture.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Run Keycleaner to check the keys. Format lflash. Format Flash1. Use Recovery Flasher to reinstall OFW. Update to 6.xx.

Failing that you're PSP is borked.

obito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Guys, I just stuck with 5.5 prome 4. I used a pandora to install 5.5 gen d3. Theres still problems with running programs like recovery flasher, and OFW updates probably won't work, but what the heck.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Uhm...if you're on a CFW, keep R pressed upon PSP powerup, from the recovery menu, run HellCatRecoveryFlasher 1.65, (HellCatFR must be set on X:/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP).

Since you're using a PSP1000, you can reinstall 5.00m33 by using hellcatflash (it wipes all the files from flash0, careful but you should be ok since you have pandora). You should have a clean 5.00m33 full CFW now to install or update a higher 6.xx firmware

-

FYI guys, I've succesfully updated my TA-088V2 from 5.00m33 to 6.38me-2, then just downgraded by loading hellcatflash 1.65 in HEN MODE. This way I could reflash an existing 5.00m33 nand backup I made before, it completely wiped all the flashes contents, and rewrote flash0.

It needs the 500.PBP file in root folder (OFW 5.00)

obito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Nah, Recovery flasher DOES load, but its stuck on the "loading" screen. I think its because It doesn't detect the HEN, since I never bothered to install it since it wouldn't work, at the moment where you think it was gonna reboot, it would just hang and the memory light stayed orange.. Its not a matter of formatting/trying over and over.. Its stuffed. Who cares, my friend is happy with prome-4. Glad I don't have to touch his psp ever again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1