Hacking Worried about piracy

mcjones92

Kingpin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pirated like 6 wii games from the time I got my modchip. and like 20 DS games. I am kind of worried that I might get caught by the whoever. I live in the USA so it is illegal to mod the Wii. What are the chances of getting in trouble? I only pirate because MOST Wii games are shit and not worth the money. Is there any software I can download that will protect me either? I just straight up download the games....

kill_bill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're worried about being caught, so post about it on the internet... now the FBI have your IP and will be breaking down your door any day soon... lol

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey homeboy... don't worry I have been doing it since I was 12 years old... Over 25 years... never got arrested for piracy... now hacking business networks....thats another story.

* Now I just use pirated software and I do not hack business networks... (had to make that a little more clear)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mcjones92 said:
I pirated like 6 wii games from the time I got my modchip. and like 20 DS games. I am kind of worried that I might get caught by the whoever. I live in the USA so it is illegal to mod the Wii. What are the chances of getting in trouble? I only pirate because MOST Wii games are shit and not worth the money. Is there any software I can download that will protect me either? I just straight up download the games....

If you don't want to be caught, don't post: "hello i'm a pirate" in a forum. Just a tip.

mcjones92

Kingpin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
mcjones92 said:

If you don't want to be caught, don't post: "hello i'm a pirate" in a forum. Just a tip.

Oh I was just kidding, I don't pirate.

Posts merged

QUOTE(IronMask @ Dec 30 2008, 12:22 PM)
Hey homeboy... don't worry I have been doing it since I was 12 years old... Over 25 years... never got arrested for piracy... now hacking business networks....thats another story.

* Now I just use pirated software and I do not hack business networks... (had to make that a little more clear)

Do you mean like identity theft and whatnot?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mcjones92 said:
WiiPower said:
mcjones92 said:

The correct answer was: "this isn't my account".

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I recommend the solution at 2:58.
ph34r.gif

mcjones92

Kingpin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
mcjones92 said:
WiiPower said:
mcjones92 said:

The correct answer was: "this isn't my account".

Well this isn't my computer so they cannot track me lol
rolleyes.gif

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
mcjones92 said:

No itsn't illegal mod your Wii, Nintendo say it's illegal, but the country laws allows you mod your electronics. Itsn't illegal make backup copies of your games, it's illegal make copies of games that you don't own.

Nintendo try a turnaround saying that ''is not necesary make backups, thereof people making backups are unjustified, thereof if you make backups you probably don't own the game, because it's not necessary make one''

mcjones92

Kingpin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
i cant understand if you are "always worried" get rid of homebrew etc and don't do it.....simple?
Why keep homebrew when your worried all the time, it's not good for you, or do you like the worry feeling? if so keep it on!

Fuck homebrew

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
i cant understand if you are "always worried" get rid of homebrew etc and don't do it.....simple?
Why keep homebrew when your worried all the time, it's not good for you, or do you like the worry feeling? if so keep it on!

QUOTE said:
Fuck homebrew
the homebrew you have will be PIRACY mainly! without a doubt, so worried??? GET RID!

mcjones92

Kingpin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:

QUOTE said:
Fuck homebrew
the homebrew you have will be PIRACY mainly! not without a doubt, so worried??? GET RID!

No I only burn games, I don't care about the homebrew, it's dumb...I don't want to get into that IOS cIOS, whatever....I like to keep it simple, burn and then play.

I don't mean like "worry" I just think what would happen if I get caught? big trouble. After all, the US enforces so many laws and the government just wants to control everyones lives.....

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
Pirating is wrong yes....But who's watching? so stop worrying...majority of the people here are super pirates.... I'm a modded pirate too, am i worried? AM I NELLY, would i ever worry?...NO
Bigger things to worry about than some homy catching me/you download games, burning them and playing them and running piracy on the wii...

Only time I've been warned is using my own modified pirate radio, had a range of about 1000 yards, not too bad to be honest..
tongue.gif
those were the days, only 5 years ago when i was 14-15 like hehe school days...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, thx in advance +1