Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

WormsWarOnline v1.02 *Update*

by t4ils

t4ils has updated and entered his homebrew game 'WormsWarOnline' into the Dev-Fr coding competition. For those of you that have not played this before, it is a recreation of the popular turn based strategy/combat action game 'Worms' and features online play as well as a level editor. Check it out!

*Update* to v1.02*[title:WormsWarOnline ]Presentation:
WormsWarOnline is a homebrew taking again the principle (also let us graphismes+sons Tongue) famous play Worms. This is not a bearing of Worms with properly spoken, I managed to try to reproduce an excellent play multijouor at the base.

History:

28/07/07: Version Compo Dev.-Fr

How to play:

A handbook of catch in fast hand is available here (explanation of the menus)

Gameplay:

Menus: Stylet

Ingame:

Start: to put in pause

Select: to make apparaitre/disparaitre the menu of the weapons

Right left/: to move

High/Double High: to jump in length/to jump in height

Stylet: Action (to draw, place dynamite, téléporter…) /To aim

Editor of level:

Right left/: Undo/Redo

High/Low: to exchange the screens

Stylet: to draw

Start: to validate the map

There is a left-handed mode, therefore the keys are symmetrically the same one for the left-handeds person Smiley

Other information:

If your pseudo is “odd” (IE special characters) your account will not be created (or badly created). If it is the case, change your pseudo before joining the online mode (to be carried out only only once).

See the general stats:

http://t4ils.free.fr/Projets_NDS/WormsWarO...R>

The online mode was coded starting from any knowledge, it is thus what it is for the moment, with the shitting part that that comprises (configuration of the IP and the ports)
By improving my knowledge, I hope well to create a centralized waiter which will make it possible to make automatically meet the people who created a part and the people who seek one of them.

I make a point of thanking:

- Doud for time that he agreed to grant to me for the various tests online which one carried out (he is entitled thus to an access without restriction concerning his stats, in reading just like in writing, enabling him to do what he wants Tongue )

- Mollusk for the lib already, and then for time that he agreed to devote to me to answer all my questions which enabled me to learn some enormously with this project

- Smealum for the ideas that it suggested me in order to improve certain tricks

- Mastertop for its assistance in the scrolling which I did not make with the final one Tongue

- X-Blaster for competition open on the chan Dev.-Fr Azn

- and finally all the chan Dev.-Fr as well as the forum for the support during these weeks of development Wink

And now… fun cuts Smiley

I love you
download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

icon11.gif
Online Stats

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooh this will tie us over until Worms Warfare 2 comes out on the 6th August.

Schyzophrenic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
online dont work... i click online .. then Join Game...and it says an error... dont know why.. and why is the manuel only in france?
Online works but it's not local online. You have to enter the ip of your friend to play with.

For your info, english is not the only language on earth (Iguess you know that since you're german...). Having this kind of word is weird "Why is the manuel only in france". T4ils is french and WWO is presented in a french compo. The creator of Palib is french. Please understand that english is not the only language we must use but just a language we (coders) include in our dev so most people can use it. There are better ways to ask for a translation...

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man! Wake up and check the forums, and there's like 10 new homebrews available. I don't know what the Dev-Fr thing is, but it seems to have inspired folks to release their apps. So, I hope we see more of whatever Dev-Fr is
tongue.gif

Anyway, I'm a huge Worms fan, so it will be interesting to check this out. I'm excited about quite a few of the homebrews that are out now. Big day!

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice homebrew but Worms Open Warfare 2 is about to be releases very soon with online multiplayer too =] I guess I'm going to wait for the real game.

t4ils

Trophies
Website
www.t4ils.com
XP
Country
France
Hi guys
smile.gif

this game is in french at the moment because it was released for a french coding competition
i'll include english later, just have no time now

in order to play online, you need to configure the ip and the port of the guy you want to join or the server you want to set (and you'll give your ip and port to the guy you want to play with)

it's kinda boring, but will be improved a lot, with an automatic feature to connect people each other
wink.gif

NeoWoeN

Trophies
XP
Country
France
And there is the last version of this Homebrew ( 1.02) :
http://t4ils.free.fr/Projets_NDS/WormsWarO...msWarOnline.zip

QUOTE said:
scoozer Posted Today, 03:07 PM
  online dont work... i click online .. then Join Game...and it says an error... dont know why.. and why is the manuel only in france?

Why are you only speaking in english?

Voilà.

Edit: @T4ils : Très bon boulot, félicitations pour cet homebrew. ( In english: Gratz ! )

LostNite

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
t4ils, this is a very nice homebrew game =D. Keep up the good work.
The only thing missing are grenades and ropes, lol.
Also, a single player mode against AI would be nice.

t4ils

Trophies
Website
www.t4ils.com
XP
Country
France
AI would be a hell of a job to create ^^
but .. may be one day
wink.gif

i succeeded in making a dedicated server (which will run on my computer 24/7) which will connect people each other automatically
smile.gif

you just ask the game to join a server and it tries to find someone waiting to play
wink.gif
(it's a FIFO system for the moment)
if it fails, you can create a game and wait for someone to come
smile.gif

i'll release it as soon as possible, perhaps tomorrow afternoon
wink.gif

stay tuned
smile.gif

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aah oui! cést tres bon! J'adore worms! Merci pour ta jeux! Well that was my best french
frown.gif
I did my best
tongue.gif
!!

Bon journe!

t4ils

Trophies
Website
www.t4ils.com
XP
Country
France
ok guys, here we go !

online feature will be (i hope) working smoothly for now (no more boring stuffs)

http://t4ils.free.fr/Projets_NDS/WormsWarO...msWarOnline.zip

the game automatically check your ip, you just have to enter a port redirected to your DS in the config.ini or in the game just before searching for a game to join
touch the port to change it with the keyboard

have fun, i hope it will work perfectly
wink.gif
(afaik, it's working with my 2 DS
smile.gif
)

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does this game have single player? If not, will it? I don't have a router, so that sucks for me, I only have a USB Wifi thing from Nintendo.

t4ils

Trophies
Website
www.t4ils.com
XP
Country
France
if you don't have a router, set your ip properly (http://www.whatismyip.com) and put any port (leave the one already present)

single player is a local multiplayer, 2 players on the same NDS, no AI

the server is shutdown, i have big issues with it, i'll try to rebuild it today (i'm busy at work :s )

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Awesome game i'm having fun playing with myself in single game , but too bad that i cant play with AI , maybe someone will release AI support in future

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: rofl