Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
OP
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
article-2088455-0F846A1E00000578-94_634x414.jpg

The world's largest video game controller, 30 times the size of a standard joypad, was unveiled today as one of the wackier winners in the new Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition. The fully working device, which is an oversized replica of the pads on Nintendo's iconic NES console, was on display at Liverpool St Station, London.

If you wanted to use it like a standard handheld pad, you would need to be 51m (167ft) tall – the same height as London landmark Nelson’s Column. The device, created by British Engineering student Ben Allen, is featured in the new Guinness World Records 2012 Gamer Edition.

British engineering student Ben Allen, 23, was one of the three who built the device as apart of a university project. Mr Allen said: 'This is really a labour of love. We’re passionate about gaming and wanted to honour its most iconic device; the NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) joypad.

'We put our heads together in the pub and decided to create this absurdly large working version. It’s such a rush to know we’ve made history and are being included in the Guinness World Records Gamer’s Edition.'

The joypad, which measures 366cm x 159cm x 51cm (12ft x 5ft 3in in x 1ft 8in), and weighs an estimated 265 pounds (18 stone), took five months and £4,000 to build. Such is the size of the controller that it requires at least two gamers to press the buttons - or jump on them.

icon11.gif
Source

What peculiar news. However, it's offbeat, which is why I thought it'd be nice.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll press up , up , down ,down , left , right , left ,right ...... you , press b , a , b , a ............ and lady , press start please

Zaertix

One Stop Nintendo Shop on Mixer!
Trophies
Website
mixer.com
XP
Country
United States
The world's largest video game controller, 30 times the size of a standard joypad, was unveiled today as one of the wackier winners in the new Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition. The fully working device, which is an oversized replica of the pads on Nintendo's iconic NES console, was on display at Liverpool St Station, London.
If you wanted to use it like a standard handheld pad, you would need to be 51m (167ft) tall – the same height as London landmark Nelson’s Column. The world's largest videogame controller, 30 times the size of a standard joypad, was unveiled at London's Liverpool St station today

The world's largest videogame controller, 30 times the size of a standard joypad, was unveiled at London's Liverpool St station today. The device, created by British Engineering student Ben Allen, is featured in the new Guinness World Records 2012 Gamer Edition.

Anyone else notice how many times they said it was unveiled and Liverpool St. Station today? Or the variations of?

--fail on my part for code tags.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Interesting only due to the size of the controller, but honestly the guinness books are so damn pointless...it reminds me of a stupid story of a woman trying to become the worlds fattest woman...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!