Hardware worlds first 512GB MSD card !

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it's either fake or poor quality. Remember the Microdia 512GB MicroSD card? Everyone made a big hubabub and then it never materialized. I think if we ever see one a big name brand will come out with it first.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Switch game sizes can stay similar to Wii U then 512 is more than what's needed. I have my entire collection of Wii U games on a 500 GB HDD. We can at least expect Nintendo games to stay reasonably sized.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I honestly don't get the weird jump in size:

Really?
Size constraints I suppose. fitting 256gb is far more difficult then fitting 200GB, and the prices show it. I wouldn't be surprised if 256GB/512GB modules have low yields and so they disable the defective bits and round it down to the nearest hundred.

Reactions: chartube12

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Size constraints I suppose. fitting 256gb is far more difficult then fitting 200GB, and the prices show it. I wouldn't be surprised if 256GB/512GB modules have low yields and so they disable the defective bits and round it down to the nearest hundred.

Right, but it's a weird transition.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is a little concerning, as it seems to indicate that MicroSD cards of this density have a yield rate low enough that many of them have ~3-20% unusable sectors or so.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I find it strange how many here have never heard of Integral before and treat it as a no-name fake. Integral is well known for making cheap flash drives, albeit usually in small capacities. Schools these days just give out 2GB Integral flash drives by the bucket load.

This “unveiling” is real, although they mention that the read speeds will be lower... and for good reason. Integral drives are universally slow as hell.

Reactions: repulse and Kioku

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I find it strange how many here have never heard of Integral before and treat it as a no-name fake. Integral is well known for making cheap flash drives, albeit usually in small capacities. Schools these days just give out 2GB Integral flash drives by the bucket load.

This “unveiling” is real, although they mention that the read speeds will be lower... and for good reason. Integral drives are universally slow as hell.
Come to think of it... I think I do remember seeing some Intergral flash sticks. They were pretty shitty. Still, it's better than Microdia, which claimed to make a 512GB MicroSD card two years ago then dropped off the map.

I wonder if it is at least fast enough for a Wii U, then I can replace my HDD with a flush card reader.

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.