Hacking Working DSL Web Browser

JetBlckHrt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is their a working DS web browser that operates perfectly enough with out a slot 2 device?
is it able to view website pictures too and not just a bunch of text

JetBlckHrt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive tried DSHobro now, I can get 0.2 to work, because I can enter my own IP adress, but 0.3 wont work, because it does it automatically and just never goes any further them "automatic connection..."

I can press b, and enter the code I was given, but the same thing happens and it starts making a weird sound...

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I need one too, Opera's one was cool, just without a RAM Pack...
frown.gif

Well DSHobro not works, DSOrganize too not works, and Okiwi not works too...

JetBlckHrt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got DShobro 0.2 to work, but it sucks that you cant enter text, so I would really like to get 0.3 to work..if only there was a way to manually put in your info in 0.3..

wrathek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a slot 2* card? yes. But i dont even know where you could get your hands on one of them. better off getting a slot-2 cart w/ RAM capabilities, and then getting a patched rom.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried all of those homebrew browsers but not of those came close to the Opera one, your best bet is to find yourself a slot 2 card.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Would i be able to use the oprah version if i had the slot 3 memory pack that comes with it?

oprah?
biggrin.gif

Yes, but it would be slow. Incredibly slow - as other folks have posted.

I've yet to get anyone but DSOrganizes to be satisfying (though it only shows text)

I've yet to use Costello's DS web browser...can't say much about it.

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm.. its tested the speeds with dslinux, dshobro, and the opera browser ans i found that the opera browser is faster that dslinux and about the same as ds hobro.. im not sure if its my connection or what, cause i have a really good connection.. anyways, i like the opera browser best
tongue.gif
cause ya, functionality and just the way you can use it is really.. really.. awesome, lol couldnt think of a work
tongue.gif
but i have a 3 in 1 so... lolersk@tes, best non slot 2 is DS Hobro..

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found that speed generally depends on whether I want images for that viewing session or not.

If I don't want images, fastest to slowest:
1. Retawq in DSLinux
2. Links in DSLinux
3. DSHobro (not really good for viewing text-only sites since you must scroll back
4. Opera Browser

If I do want images, fastest to slowest:
1. Opera browser usually (though not always)
2. DSHobro (sometimes better than Opera)
3. Graphical Links in DSLinux (takes forever)

This is just from my experience though. The Opera browser does scale down larger images, so I use DSHobro if I want to see them in their original size.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
DSHosbro requires a server software to be run on your PC, well then if I have a PC around I wouldn't need to browse net with DS would I? In my opinion, the DS web browsers are only useful when you're out at a Hotspot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/gnXkwfS got this because it shows v draws also