Homebrew Working downgrade from 10.6 to 9.2!

freezerburn26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't mean he can't make a mistake and technically derrek "invented" it.
I mean, sure but it's not really a mistake if you're creating a new method? It just means it doesn't work yet?
It's a derivative work sure, but still if not for op, then 10.4+ would be still be stuck

LarBob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, sure but it's not really a mistake if you're creating a new method? It just means it doesn't work yet?
It did work though, the sysUpdater build uses his exact code. He just made a mistake in the test to where it wouldn't tell you if it worked or not properly. That's all I'm saying.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
So wait... does this mean users on 10.5 have to update to 10.6? I am only asking on behalf of my friends 3DSXL 10.5. :P
Nope, no need to update to 10.6!

Can I still proceed with the downgrade attemp even if the svchax_test homebrew just freezes on my 10.5 N3DS?
svchax_test doesn't run on the n3ds but the sysupdater does.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. So I got around to downgrading from 10.5 to 9.2. The process went fine and I have finally gotten to that firmware.

The issue I'm having though is with the step envolving EMUNAND9. I have tried to dump my SysNand repeatedly, but it keeps on saying that it's failed. I'm using this on a NN3DS with a 16 GB SandDisk MicroSD Card formatted at FAT32 using Windows Formatter. My SD Card has around 13 GB of it used.

I've tried formatting my SD Card nearly 3 times and I still keep on getting the same error. Is there anyway to get around this problem at all?

freezerburn26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. So I got around to downgrading from 10.5 to 9.2. The process went fine and I have finally gotten to that firmware.

The issue I'm having though is with the step envolving EMUNAND9. I have tried to dump my SysNand repeatedly, but it keeps on saying that it's failed. I'm using this on a NN3DS with a 16 GB SandDisk MicroSD Card formatted at FAT32 using Windows Formatter. My SD Card has around 13 GB of it used.

I've tried formatting my SD Card nearly 3 times and I still keep on getting the same error. Is there anyway to get around this problem at all?
Are you sure you don't have a partial? Run downgrade_check and make sure your titles are good for 9.2

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just downgraded my JP N3DS from 10.6 (sysnand) to 9.....1?? I'm confused but happy at the same time. I attached some proof pics. Can someone explain to me why it's on 9.1 instead of 9.2?

Attachments

• IMG_0456.JPG
    IMG_0456.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0457.JPG
    IMG_0457.JPG
    663.3 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0458.JPG
    IMG_0458.JPG
    852.6 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0459.JPG
    IMG_0459.JPG
    918.7 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0460.JPG
    IMG_0460.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0461.JPG
    IMG_0461.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 203
Reactions: AyanamiRei

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you don't have a partial? Run downgrade_check and make sure your titles are good for 9.2
Huh. I just noticed that my browser doesn't come up with the update screen unlike the person above me who does have that issue. I guess that could be a telltale sign that my 9.2 is incomplete. Would it be safe to just reinstall the files from there, or do I have to update again in order to get a proper 9.2?

freezerburn26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. I just noticed that my browser doesn't come up with the update screen unlike the person above me who does have that issue. I guess that could be a telltale sign that my 9.2 is incomplete. Would it be safe to just reinstall the files from there, or do I have to update again in order to get a proper 9.2?

If you're partial you should just rerun sysUpdater and downgrade again

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just downgraded my JP N3DS from 10.6 (sysnand) to 9.....1?? I'm confused but happy at the same time. I attached some proof pics. Can someone explain to me why it's on 9.1 instead of 9.2?

Can't remember the reason, but you're fine and there's nothing wrong with 9.1. Now go install emunand and cfw

freezerburn26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's because the files you must have used were for 9.1 I would guess...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU