Working around a touchscreen deadspot?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Sleet, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Sleet
    OP

Sleet GBAtemp Fan

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    New to android - there's a deadzone in the corner of the screen where the software back button is, and as a result I can't use it in portrait mode. Also can't switch between numbers/symbols when using the keyboard. Is there an easy way of changing the buttons' positions? Or increasing their size slightly will probably work. I have an Xperia.

2. SuperSVGA

SuperSVGA GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2013
    United States
    You would probably have to flash a custom rom for most solutions. Are you comfortable with doing that? Otherwise there may be an app that adds another back button to the screen.

3. Sleet
    OP

Sleet GBAtemp Fan

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    Probably will eventually, just want to learn stock first. Seems possible to change the navigation bar height, I think that may be the simplest solution.

4. SuperSVGA

SuperSVGA GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2013
    United States
    Yeah one way I know of to do that is to change the DPI, but that also effects how big other things are.

5. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    I managed to fix my phone into upside-down portrait mode which minimized the impact of a dead zone for a while. I think the app was called "Screen Orientation Locker" or "Set Screen Orientation". From Google Play

6. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    You don't need a custom rom these days, you can use "xposed modules" if your device is rooted