Wood R4 v1.05

LordSturm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Amazing job!
However there seems to be a severe problem with booting slot-2 devices.

I have a EZ 3-in-1 Slot2, the Wood R4 does a great job of putting a GBA game on NOR it but it can't seem to boot it...

I can boot the slot-2 device from stock NDS menu, and stock R4 firmware ( has custom frame ), when I boot from Wood R4 I get two white screens.

Is this a known limitation or bug?

Thanks!

EDIT: After trying the RAM mode with some other roms I found the RAM mode worked, but you can't boot a legit GBA game or a NOR Flashed gba game using the slot-2 button. ( I'm also having troubles with dialogues, they are fully flashing the nor but the progress bar never ends and the S1 card keeps blinking, also I can't load that same game to RAM to play. )

Luziphir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me for asking what's probably an asinine question, but how do you soft reset? The LRABXY combo from the original R4 doesn't seem to be working. I've made sure I'm using 1.05.

LordSturm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djbeske said:
does this work with R4i SDHC? i want to buy this card but use it on my ds lite as a backup for my games.

It says it does not support clones, stop asking. Last person who tried apparently broke his clone. ( Who knows? )

QUOTE(Luziphir @ Apr 21 2010, 06:04 AM) Forgive me for asking what's probably an asinine question, but how do you soft reset? The LRABXY combo from the original R4 doesn't seem to be working. I've made sure I'm using 1.05.

Press Dpad Down + A + B + L + R...

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Dark^'^Knight said:
I find it extraordinary that the R4DS themes have such an influence on retention of its firmware. Seems many R4 users struggle/can't let go of the out-dated firmware in lieu of this exceptional custom firmware.
Probably because the R4 UI was so simple and fast that it could be used by a two year old, yet gave all the info you'd need.

Simple, Fast, Effective. The rules of a good UI, many other flashcart makers would be wise to take note.

Not that I'm saying this firmware doesn't have a good UI - having not used it, I wouldn't know.

QUOTE(34®ß0*3® @ Apr 16 2010, 11:49 PM) Actually they could use an OCR (free-ocr.com) to change it to text.
Which works fantastically, just tested it and only two (obvious) mistakes. Nice link, thanks.

Although for the amount of text in that jpg, it'd take less than 1min to type out anyway. The only thing the jpg does is make it hard for the partially sighted/others with sight problems who may use a screen-reader. Decreasing accessibility to stop someone copy/pasting is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
LordSturm said:
EDIT: After trying the RAM mode with some other roms I found the RAM mode worked, but you can't boot a legit GBA game or a NOR Flashed gba game using the slot-2 button. (

the slot2 button is for booting to nds passme mode. if you flash a rom to nor the rom will boot. if a rom is already in nor you will need to use the nds's firmware to boot into gba mode.

-another world

OnyLpJTRQR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i have a little problem with wood v1.05 on R4SDHC, the games like browser inside & scene it twilight:

when i want 2 play this games (wood for clones.nds) = "unable save data, reset ur system or something :-)", for browser inside i create a sav file from ysmenu.nds, ok game works for woodforclones.nds now 2

duz any1 here have a .sav file for scene it twilight bahamut (usa or eur version), please my little sister is a fan of twilight, thx

I have a R4SDHC card and the game twilight dont works on it (version 1.34 white screens, ysmenu.nds errors, wood.nds = unable read save data, just like browser inside story)

please

OnyLpJTRQR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nobody? with a .sav file for scene it twilight and alice in wonderland

peoples with orginal R4 card wood, its for a little sweet girl

thx

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love it if for no reason other than it's a benefit to having an Original R4. Looking at all those $3 knockoffs, it was a bit frustrating to remember the hassle of having to purchase two $50 prepaid visas because the first one failed! Yeesh.

Blade4474

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks guys you have made my flashcart so much better.
R4 is cool again!
gbasp.gif

soupbandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well i downloaded this and added files to root. I then tried maplestory ds and i got flashing yeti. I turn it off and retry , now i get a can't find ds_menu.dat or w/e. I check the microsd card , and everything is gone . In it's place is a file called t. It's o bytes and does nothing. I try to delete but it says it's an important system file , I click delete anyways and it says unable to locate.

Blade4474

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
c45p3r said:
c45p3r said:
sorry, i meant has anyone got any cheats i can use
what file does the cheat have to be and where would i put it

The cheat file that Wood R4 (Acekard 2) uses is called USRCHEAT and you can get it from gbatemp's own database: http://cheats.gbatemp.net/
When using Wood R4, the cheat file (USRCHEAT.DAT) is placed in the following path: root_r4\__rpg\cheats.
If the cheat file you require is not in the folder than you need to download it from the previous url.
To apply cheats whilst in the firmware, just hover over the game you want to use cheats for and then press Y and then X to access the games cheats.
In order to save the cheats you have enabled/disabled simply generate the specific file for that game (.cc file)
happy cheating!!!
gbasp.gif

kelvinmiu

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I'm also having a strange problem. I'm using a M3 Simply card with the Wood R4 v1.05.

I've used it for some time, the UI is pretty, but after a while just after turning the DS on, it would show "Couldn't find _DS_MENU.DAT" on my screen.

So I tried reading the card on my computer, and it just shows up that it has 0 bytes free..With no files inside the card.

Has this ever happened to anyone before? I mean, I would like to know if I'm screwed, or if there's any solutions.

unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto