Hacking Wood R4 Open Source?

Lassik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression that Wood R4 was open source... Is this not correct? Because I can't seem to find where to download the source.

Either way, I think a github page should be set up for Wood r4. I think it would make things better for the entire community so people could just build off of it. Maybe it would spark some new branches that would support other carts.

Anyone who doesn't know much about GIT and would like to know more you can check out this site.
https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitSvnCrashCourse

They use github for the PSGroove and A LOT of people have already branched stuff off of it and started making some pretty cool things.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lassik said:
I was under the impression that Wood R4 was open source... Is this not correct? Because I can't seem to find where to download the source.

Either way, I think a github page should be set up for Wood r4. I think it would make things better for the entire community so people could just build off of it. Maybe it would spark some new branches that would support other carts.

Anyone who doesn't know much about GIT and would like to know more you can check out this site.
https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitSvnCrashCourse

They use github for the PSGroove and A LOT of people have already branched stuff off of it and started making some pretty cool things.
I think the source is just find the way it is.

You make it too easy to get/modify/build, then you're going to have 'l33t h4x0rz' dicking around with the code and uploading broken builds that are ZOMGNEW!!!! but only change a word.
The way it is now, it's too much of a bother for people who don't know what they're doing to get it (since they most likely don't know how to do SVN Checkouts), which means they can't edit it, which means they can't distribute 'l33t h4x0r' versions. Yet someone who knows what they're doing would have no problem getting it, editing it if they have a need to, and compiling it -- and if the change is important enough, submitting it for consideration of inclusion into Wood.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...