Wood Firmware v1.09

Spy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yaynds.gif

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank YWG! I like the new gbatemp theme very much, its completely in style. I used the zelda theme up to now, but with this theme I definitely switched, bye bye zelda.... Only for this alone the upgrade to Wood R4 1.09 is already worth it, regardless of any of the other fixes!

neo_weiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question I hope someone can clear up can anyone tell me if the new firmware of Wood R4 will work with R4 clones? (like the R4 SDHC). My brother is planning on buying a NDS within the next few days. I would like to stick him on the R4 flash cart with Wood R4 firmware(for it's user friendly interface)

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^^^^

It only works on original R4's or clones which are 1:1 copies of the original R4. It doesn't work on any R4 which supports SDHC, or which is for the DSi.

The $6 R4 at ShopTemp for example is a 1:1 clone which runs Wood, and as such doesn't support SDHC or the DSi.

justinne14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
neo_weiner said:
I have a question I hope someone can clear up can anyone tell me if the new firmware of Wood R4 will work with R4 clones? (like the R4 SDHC). My brother is planning on buying a NDS within the next few days. I would like to stick him on the R4 flash cart with Wood R4 firmware(for it's user friendly interface)
No.
glare.gif

joshcool3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would this in any way be able to work on the m3 ds simply as it is pretty similar to the r4 and as i also know you could get ys menu working on the m3

MrDank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works on the M3 Simply, I have an original one that I bought when it came out and it still works as good as it did when I bought it even with this amazing update
tongue.gif

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
neo_weiner said:
If you buy a new one, why buy a non working R4 clone??? Better buy an Acekard or a replica of the original R4 (for example from shoptemp.com). If he buys a NDSi then you need a different card anyway. I wouldn't buy an R4 SDHC, unless you really hate your brother; in that case that's the card to buy.

For any future posters. I think you can be 100% sure if a release of Wood R4 will ever support R4 SDHC clones it will for sure be mentioned in the change log. If it is not there then there is no change and no need to ask a question for which you already know the answer.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Stropdasje said:
For any future posters. I think you can be 100% sure if a release of Wood R4 will ever support R4 SDHC clones it will for sure be mentioned in the change log. If it is not there then there is no change and no need to ask a question for which you already know the answer.

it will never officially support clone cards. end of that debate, thanks.

-another world

Renever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks alot.... the r4 adapter i replaced for a m3real is now being used by my youngest daughter
smile.gif

Im even telling people to buy the r4 again now
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol