Hacking Question Won't using SX get you banned?

Miqote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I'm not 100% sure how switch stuff works, but people have been talking about how each copy of a game has a private header/ID that's unique for however it was obtained (physical copy/downloaded from eShop). If someone posts a a backup with that header (which seems necessary), won't it be easy to ban everyone using that copy?

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
A good educated guess would say most definitely as the carts have individual ids. With sx from TX we will be using a bitched out id thus very easy for them to see this at minimum.

Reactions: Centergaming

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly, its way too early to know right now. Hopefully, team xecuters chip will be on sale for a long while. I think once we have more information on what does and doesn't qualify as a ban we will have a lot more switch moders.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chances are yes. Though if you were to use a legit backup of a game you own you'd be safe from such a problem however you'll still likely get banned for using unauthorized software on your device. Simply put I feel you want to hack you risk loosing online play. This is nothing new...

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't know if using CFW of any kind will cause anyone to be banned. My gut tells me that TX is rushing out a product before there's a free alternative (Atmosphere) that makes their solution unnecessary, which means the time and effort needed to mitigate probable CFW-detection might be absent from TX's product. Aside from not using CFW at all, my gut also tells me that Atmosphere is the safer choice.

Last edited by Lacius,

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not 100% sure how switch stuff works, but people have been talking about how each copy of a game has a private header/ID that's unique for however it was obtained (physical copy/downloaded from eShop). If someone posts a a backup with that header (which seems necessary), won't it be easy to ban everyone using that copy?
Everyone should expect a ban.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

just dont go online untill someone decides to :D and see from there how things go
That normally doesn't help, if people are getting banned upon login.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
atmosphere will not have a backup loader on launch, tx has the upper hand there because the devs hate piracy, their solution will not be obsolete even with atmosphere because a LOT of people want backups

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atmosphere will not have a backup loader on launch, tx has the upper hand there because the devs hate piracy, their solution will not be obsolete even with atmosphere because a LOT of people want backups
You don't need a backup loader with Atmosphere. All you'll really need is a tool to install apps to the home menu, and that will be made within days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ