Hacking Wlip

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, i've read a couple more reviews and confirm what I said a couple of pages back. People a little frustrated cos it took them a while to get it to work and then also because it gives sporadic problems, which in inherent on most of these solderless solutions.

So as I said, very overpriced product of low quality but that works better than one would expect given the low production values but below par judged by objective means. I'd say it's totally worth it a shot for $5 but, at that price point, it should be of FAR FAR FAR FAR better quality and, still, it would be overpriced.

kingdee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am thinking of getting a Wlip, I have no soldering iron or soldering experience and I have a wii without cut legs.
What is the best non-solder mod chip to get for Wlip.
I see YAOSM recommended alot but I can't find a review?

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am thinking of getting a Wlip, I have no soldering iron or soldering experience and I have a wii without cut legs.
What is the best non-solder mod chip to get for Wlip.
I see YAOSM recommended alot but I can't find a review?
It's an open source --> free chip. Only need a programmer and a PIC and you're set. Hence no reviews
wink.gif

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id really like to grab me a Wlip or simular device.
What surprises me though is that no ones making alternitives to this.
Its just a wire wooked up to a chip socket with a plastic piece made to fit the chip.
If I could make that piece I could builid my own easy.
So all we gotta do is find someone who can build that plastic piece so we can put a wire on it and close it together.
Or maybe if there was a way to make a clamp or something....

Eh, still, should be more types of these all around by now.
Plus I agree on the quality. The ones we saw were nice and white with good design and a name eached on top.
These look like homemade stuff.
Wich would be fine for five bucks not fifteen.
I think overall the item is about a dollar or two depending on that plastic piece. The only uncommon piece there.

mrbiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fitted mine yesterday with a wiinja dx, didn't work at first, but i opened it up again and moved the chip into a better position and its been working perfectly since.

Extremely easy to install I must say.

Model A by the way

mekaone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just thinking that this is the first round of the Wlip. Everyone always make adjustments and newer versions to fix anything that may not be working as good as it should in the first batch. It would seem that the Version A is working good and the Version B need some work. Lets hope they look at this thread and others and make some adjustments. I think I may start a poll to see how may people had a good install and a bad install with the A or B versions.

jheredia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just thinking that this is the first round of the Wlip. Everyone always make adjustments and newer versions to fix anything that may not be working as good as it should in the first batch. It would seem that the Version A is working good and the Version B need some work. Lets hope they look at this thread and others and make some adjustments. I think I may start a poll to see how may people had a good install and a bad install with the A or B versions.

good idea
smile.gif

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, I just installed my OpenWii the regular way. People seem to have lots of problems with it, and I didn't want to pay 40$ for a piece of crap so I just installed it with solder
tongue.gif

AND IT WORKS!
biggrin.gif

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I got my PIC from Pigiot. I just popped it in the Wlip and fired it up - no go. It's still not working. I'm going to have to open the Wii back up tomorrow to try to adjust the Wlip to get it going. Disappointing...

drexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have the model b? correct?

This is why i am going to just do the yaosm and buy a dip socket and install it with solder i didnt' wanna do this but i'm not impressed by the wlip maybe if i need model a

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario. +1