mekaone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DAMN!
Bobitos nice pics.
Ups came and thought I was not home because they rang the next door neighborss doorbell and not mine!
This cold is lasting a long time. I have to talk Tuesday off too.
wink.gif

I'm all set, just need the Wlip. Uggggg!
I hope in the morning.
Later all

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I need some good opinions - I know that there is constant debate over which modchip is the best, etc etc - I already have a Wiikey that's waiting to be installed, but with the Wlip, I'll have to solder onto it, etc. I'm thinking of ordering a Wiinja Deluxe instead as it'll be simple to pull out and replace the Wiinja Deluxe if need be someday instead of having to buy a new Wlip.

Now that makes sense there.. but, as for modchips and comparing the two, which one is more ideal? I know that the Wiinja site is still up and all is well there and with Wiikey, the site has been down for quite some time. Should I just abandon ship and go ahead with the Wiinja? Thanks to those who reply!
You already HAVE a wiikey, it's very easy to install if you don't have cut legs. Go with that. The d2ckey team has taken over update programming for the wiikey. No further update is currently required for the wiikey, it can do everything.

slacker99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is not gel, just the plastic case. In the Wlip website that is the White part, although in reality it isn't White.
smile.gif

As far as using the Wiikey, I am in the same dilemna. I even posted in the soldering thread about one option, but no one has responded to it. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

I think it is a viable solution, I just need to see where to connect my wires to the adapter.

As far as other options.

With the Wiikey, you can desolder the wires that are attached to the 8 pin pic adapter on the one end of the Wlip, solder those wires to the Wiikey like in their manual.

Then later if you want to swap out the Wiikey with an 8 pin pic solution, like the Wiinja Deluxe, then you can desolder the wires off the Wiikey, then solder the wires back to the legs of the pic adapter, just like it is when you receive the Wlip.

But I am hoping that my idea for soldering the Wiikey to a different pic adapter, then connecting that to the pic adapter at the end of the Wlip will work. I can try to test that out later today. Maybe.
smile.gif

chrispinifer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My Wii is D2B with cut legs - open and confirmed. My Wlip should be arriving in the next few hours, but no excitement there as I can't install it yet. I think I'll just wait to get Yaosm 2.0 programmed onto a 12F683 chip. Thoughts?

drexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems that no one is installing yet lol everyone is waiting on something haha i can't wait to hear from everyone about how it installs cause i'm waiting on mine and i still havne't picked a chip i'm thinking of maybe going with the wiinja with the dumped hex i would like to order a pic and a programmer any thoughts on getting a cheap programmer?

ps i was just reading up on this there seems to be no dump of wiinja deluxe hex...

DreXX

slacker99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems that no one is installing yet lol everyone is waiting on something haha i can't wait to hear from everyone about how it installs cause i'm waiting on mine and i still havne't picked a chip i'm thinking of maybe going with the wiinja with the dumped hex i would like to order a pic and a programmer any thoughts on getting a cheap programmer?

ps i was just reading up on this there seems to be no dump of wiinja deluxe hex...

DreXX

ebay, that is where I ordered mine for $14 with shipping and a free chip.

drexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG i'm so pissed i ordered mine last firday and haven't heard anything since they said it will ship monday now today i got an email stating that they will not be getting any more in for over a month and my order was cancelled im soo pissed off now

slacker99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drexx, I feel for you. Huge bummer.

As far as my solder approach for the Wiikey to the Wlip, it will work.

I think this is the best approach while keeping everything neat and changable

buy a 8 pin pic adapter from Radio Shack, only 99 cents/$1.49 for the two pack. Quicksolder the WiiKey to the top of one of the adapters. (Use the Wlip guide to see where the wires are connected to their adapter, and make sure you solder to the correct top points that line up to what is in the guide.

Now you can snap the 8 pin adapter you quicksoldered your Wiikey too, and if you want to replace it later with say a Wiinja Deluxe, or your own programmed 8 pin pic, then it is an easy swap out

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
OMG i'm so pissed i ordered mine last firday and haven't heard anything since they said it will ship monday now today i got an email stating that they will not be getting any more in for over a month and my order was cancelled im soo pissed off now

What's that coming over the hill? Is it a soldering iron? Is it a soldering iron?

InfernoZeus

Trophies
Website
radakan.org
XP
Country
buy a 8 pin pic adapter from Radio Shack, only 99 cents/$1.49 for the two pack. Quicksolder the WiiKey to the top of one of the adapters. (Use the Wlip guide to see where the wires are connected to their adapter, and make sure you solder to the correct top points that line up to what is in the guide.
Do you have a link to that adapter? not totally sure what you mean? do you mean a pic which you can solder wires to the other end sorta thing, basically 8 firm legs connected to wires, just kept in place with a piece of plastic?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
drexx, I feel for you. Huge bummer.

As far as my solder approach for the Wiikey to the Wlip, it will work.

I think this is the best approach while keeping everything neat and changable

Now you can snap the 8 pin adapter you quicksoldered your Wiikey too, and if you want to replace it later with say a Wiinja Deluxe, or your own programmed 8 pin pic, then it is an easy swap out

Sure that will work?
On a user-posted picture of wlip (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/iowaholdem/PICT1424.jpg) i only see 5 wires. But wiikey has 6 wires.

Fighthouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to order one last friday when I saw that they had them in stock again, and after I filled out all my info and clicked the 'Send Payment' button a blank page came up for me. I was kinda sketched out, and waited to see if my order went through before doing anything. After a few days of no response from their team, I have come to the conclusion that they probably sold the last of them while I was filling out my info.

This is pretty much the only route for me to go b/c I worked over my Wii pretty well last fall trying to quicksolder a wiikey onto my release-day console. I barely got it working afterwards.

I also sent an email to futura videogames asking them about if they will carry it, and this is the response I got

QUOTE said:
Hi, maybe when the manufacturer have stock
smile.gif

Gracias / Thanks !
Ximo

www.futuravideojuegos.es - Sitio en Español
www.futuravidegames.co.uk - Uk Site

Att. Cliente 902 19 68 59
Llamada por Skype (contacto futuravideojuegos)

Msn Messenger: [email protected]

De: ********** [mailto:****************]
  Enviado el: lunes, 28 de enero de 2008 23:25
  Para: Información
  Asunto: Product Request Enquiry from FUTURA Videogames Â

I was wondering if your company will be selling the Wlip any time soon. Thanks!

chrispinifer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kedest, if you look very closely, there is a black wire, barely visible in the photo of the wlip. In the photo I am attaching, there is clearly six wires, and it's from the instructions for the wlip. Hope this clears things up..

wlip.jpg

drexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would of had the wii already modded if i wanted to grind down the chip and i knew how to solder. but i really didn't want to grind down the chip. I wish i knew how to solder but anybody know someone that will do it cheap i'm listening but there is no one close by me that does it ... i'm so annoyed..... /cry hehe

oh forgot to mention i have a d2b cut legs

Dames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also attempted to process an order but got a blank page.

I'm kind of pissed about this whole thing. One reseller, the website keeps failing to work, (They're in stock when I order it), it's been in and out of stock in what seems like guesswork and to top it all off, now they're out of stock for a while.

I just want the damn thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🖕 JM :tpi::rofl2: