kernelPANIC

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
its a bit to late isnt it? wot with clip legs and d2c wiring that needs to be done!

That's exactly what they are working on right now, a D2C fix. And the short pins/clip legs or whatever you call those are not a problem according to the site (I read it on the Spanish one since the English one is not working yet). The Wlip is compatible with those consoles as well.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
since you need to solder, if you want the wiikey, you might as well get just the wiikey and not this product.
If I was buying a Wiikey, I would still be interested in buying a Wlip as well. Soldering the Wiikey to the Wlip is a lot less risky than soldering directly to the Wii, and risking lifting pads etc. If you screw up soldering the Wiikey to the Wlip, you can just trim the wires back a bit and try again.

reilina

just a neophyte...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if this comes out ill definitely buy 1, like i said before my soldering skills arent that good(i fail my project in 1 of my computer science subject). anyways what chip do u have if bought the 1st Wii batch?

webjedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, pretty cool. I've got some friends that been waiting for a solderless solution - this maybe it. Yeah, you got to solder the modchip to the end wires but I think more people will attempt this rather then freaking out over soldering on the Wii board and worrying about screwing up the Wii.

And if this does work I can see someone coming out with the complete package - Wlip device with a modchip already attached to it. So user simply clicks onto Wii and done.
smile.gif

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would also be one of those people with a D2B chip (assuming by my serial number since I haven't actually opened my Wii yet) who would buy this in a second. I have zero soldering experience and this is practically too good to be true.

The only modding I've done that actually required doing anything hardware related was flashing my DS with Flashme, and that was easy as cake. Aside from that, soft modding my Xbox and just burning Dreamcast games with DiskJuggler were the only things I've done in the past, and both obviously required no soldering.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm , another clip on system. I don't think these will work too well and will probably end up breaking alot of systems. Clips always seem to be total crap and break stuff. Some internal 9000X series ps1 vcd players = clip system = bad. DMS EZI = Clip system = bad. Lots of dead ps2's out there from them.

We'll see though , i suppose some one has to get it right at some point.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
awesome, this is what i've been waiting for. mod your wii and if it breaks take it out and nintendo wont know you touched it.

the only concern i have is the clip coming off during play. you could probably tape it down or something but with the heat and drive vibration it's only a matter of time.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If this truly works, this will solve my Modding-Wii fears and I will get a mod chip and this thing the first chance I get. Why did I just find this now and not before?

And I'm also concerned about the clip falling off.

kernelPANIC

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
If this truly works, this will solve my Modding-Wii fears and I will get a mod chip and this thing the first chance I get. Why did I just find this now and not before?

And I'm also concerned about the clip falling off.

GBATemp is a big forum, it's only natural for a few pieces of news to slip by unnoticed.
tongue.gif

So, do you guys think that modchip developers will incorporate a plastic solution to their chips so they'll become some sort of plug-and-play solution? (and by plug, I mean adjust to the motherboard or whatever the Wii motherboard is called).

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

d3ltr33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd never held a soldering iron in my life and managed to install 2 wiikeys perfectly fine. Although if this had been available at the time i probably would have taken the easy way out and bought this.

Looks like a very nice development.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm , another clip on system. I don't think these will work too well and will probably end up breaking alot of systems. Clips always seem to be total crap and break stuff. Some internal 9000X series ps1 vcd players = clip system = bad. DMS EZI = Clip system = bad. Lots of dead ps2's out there from them.Â

We'll see though , i suppose some one has to get it right at some point.

How did the other clip-ons break those systems? Not sure how it could break anything if you do it right.

I haven't chipped my Wii yet so this looks like an awesome solution. I'll wait till I hear a review and then order
wink2.gif

Does nintendo know when you open your console? if it has a sticker can't you just peel it off carefully then put it back? It would be perfect if nintendo couldn't detect anything if you sent your Wii in for repairs
biggrin.gif

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Google Translation link to that article

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&ie.../language_tools

Not exactly the greatest translation, but it's better than nothing. Seems like its pretty much nothing different than what we already know.

The only thing I see that is different really is the possibility of two different models. The translation says "He received the B version for a wii's come standard with 3 feet items in the controller." So it sounds like there are separate Wlip adapters for cut legs (Model A I'm assuming) and one for non-cut legs (Model B, which is the one in the article).

Also seems like it won't be available for at least two more months according to some user posts in that preview. I'm looking forward to this very much for a number of reasons.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn that DID look very easy.

Might be a false. I hope not, i really want one now.

If you want to use the Wiikey, which is the best modchip available right now, you still need to solder:

ifmsy0.png

since you need to solder, if you want the wiikey, you might as well get just the wiikey and not this product.

Looks wonderful. But the guarantee is lost just by opening the Wii, right?

correct.
So if you use another chip, say wiinja deluxe, no soldering is required? At all?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I seem to recall something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @cearp, And that one old guy is AncientBoi.
    +2
  • Minox @ Minox:
    Some guy walking from the south of the UK to the north only to get arrested towards the end of his trip lol
    +3
  • Minox @ Minox:
    Best part is that he's done it a couple of times lol
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I agree with him but for better or for worse it's just not accepted in society anymore
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol the comments are mostly siding with him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember years ago while vacationing in Florida, was walking along the beach, and come along a group of naked people sunbathing, wouldn't have been bad but I had my 9yr old daughter w me. I didn't know then that they have nudist beaches down there. (St. Petersburg, FL) Not sure if still do, was 20 yrs ago.
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I'm surprised there's no religion where you're always naked. and people arguing that it's their religion to be so, as it's how god created us
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nowadays religion is used as a manipulation tactic to get more people in.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf most religions end up being naked
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    Iunno, nudists while a bit bonkers tend to seem more sane than cults/religions
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I always wondered where do they keep they're wallet and car keys?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's the old way of we aren't animals we have materials to make us decent way of thinking
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Hey, if there's a giant elephant with four arms telling me what to do, I'm going to listen.
  • Minox @ Minox:
    @BigOnYa Attached to the shlong, duh
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Or up their behind like they're smuggling drugs, idk.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Must be super painful.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol, instead of Fanny pack, they have the Shlong pack.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Who said us "Nudist" aren't sane? Were we "Born" with clothes? :mellow:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Fanny pack, that applies to women. ;)
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    honestly I think they just have those little hip packs
  • cearp @ cearp:
    exactly
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kind of like how thugs keep their guns in purses
  • cearp @ cearp:
    or maybe a very professional looking leather briefcase
    cearp @ cearp: or maybe a very professional looking leather briefcase