Hacking Wlip + Wiinja = nothing?

Fighthouse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I received my wlip and wiinja yesterday, and was very eager to try it out. This was my second attempt at modding my wii. I was able to get it running fine again, and had high hopes for the wlip. I bought some TDK DVD-R 16Xs on the way last night, and burned the backup images to them with nero. After about 10 readjustments of the Wlip, I was unable to get the Wii to read the backup disc (DRE). Originals were reading fine, but after all that readjusting and it still not working, the future does not seem very bright for my Wii mod. Anyone have any tips or suggestions? I shouldn't have to do any preliminary setup for the wiinja do I?

Fighthouse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After about 5 more readjustments now, it still does not detect that a mod chip is connected and gives DREs for my backups. I am wondering if my botched wiikey installation last fall hindered anything on the board that the Wlip might utilize. I did lift a couple of pads, but I have had it working fine since.

Pado

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's also possible that your Wii drive doesn't like the media and on what speed did you burn the games? Maybe you should try burning a game on lower speed.

Fighthouse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I burned to TDK DVD-R 16x at a 4x speed. Did just the basic burn image in nero, I shouldnt have to do anything else should I? here is the best picture I could take of my install with my kodak easyshare camera.

quadomatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I burned to TDK DVD-R 16x at a 4x speed. Did just the basic burn image in nero, I shouldnt have to do anything else should I? here is the best picture I could take of my install with my kodak easyshare camera.

I'm not sure whether TDK discs are very good. Try finding some Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden DVDs.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Just make sure you choose "No multisession" and "Finalize disc".
wink2.gif

I'd recommend you try ImgBurn since if it doesn't work with that, it's definitely not burn problems.

I've used TDK -R and Verbatim -R and they both work equally well.

quadomatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Just make sure you choose "No multisession" and "Finalize disc".
wink2.gif

I'd recommend you try ImgBurn since if it doesn't work with that, it's definitely not burn problems.

I've used TDK -R and Verbatim -R and they both work equally well.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

My TDK discs are CMC Magnetics, which are not very good. I suggest you try identifying the disc's MANUFACTURER.

Fighthouse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually I did get it to work, and I have tried it out with 6 backups so far. Looks like it just needed to be worked in. When I first got it to work, it was very sporadic with reading backups successfully. As I kept pushing and putting pressure on it, it kept getting more consistant with reading backups. Now it works perfectly, with the nero and imgburn backups I have created. I do have a model a wlip, and it looks like I just needed to be persistant with my attempts. It did take about 30-40 readjustments, but for the masses, I can declare...

Wlip does work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol