ROM Hack wizardry summoner

pepsihojo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone Know if there was a translation or will there be a translation for this game.
It was supposed to come out for a us release, but I guess that never happend. I was shopping at a local toy store (Toys R Us) and they had a flyer in the video games secion showing upcoming games to be released, but I guess it did not go through.
could someone translate this game.
wizardry series is really great and its a shame for us american gamers to always lose out because for some reason or another the great games don't always make it here.
thank you.
P.S. here are some screen shots and info:
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/wizardry/wizsum/wizsum.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance....html?box=59638

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There was supposed to be a US release but I think it got cancelled shortly before the carts were "pressed" (we have several cases of "unreleased" appearing on the GBA).

I did have a look at the Japanese rom a while back but it was extremely quick scan through, I did not notice anything that would make it especially bad to translate though. I was not looking for it but a few of the Japanese games of the time had English text in, my current project is Maji nation which has a complete script in it.

Johnny675

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was supposed to be a US release but I think it got cancelled shortly before the carts were "pressed" (we have several cases of "unreleased" appearing on the GBA).

I did have a look at the Japanese rom a while back but it was extremely quick scan through, I did not notice anything that would make it especially bad to translate though. I was not looking for it but a few of the Japanese games of the time had English text in, my current project is Maji nation which has a complete script in it.
Have you had the time to look into translating the game into english?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you had the time to look into translating the game into english?
I probably did some some of the subsequent 11 years twiddling my thumbs but none of it looking at Wizardry.

That said if you are doing the request thing I am not the only hacker around here so sell us on the game. Wizardry was once a legendary game in the west but then it got big in Japan and decided it was content there and has not been seen outside it since really.
What would make this game a good choice to translate either in general or for the DS (and by extension 3ds)? If playing hacker we can fix a bug or two along the way as well if they are something you might reasonably describe in a few words, would doing so bring it to the next level?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol