WIT (Wiimms ISO Tools) GameCube disc support

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Wiimm, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Nisto

Nisto Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2014
    United States
    Oh, I see. I hate to be annoying, but what is a good method of composing data from a GC disc to a Wii format that will play on Dolphin then?

2. tmv_josue

tmv_josue GBAtemp Fan

May 18, 2010
    Mexico
    CancĂșn
    I don't think so. Should even be a bad thing.

3. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    ...wat?

4. Nisto

Nisto Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2014
    United States
    Well, from what I can tell, some people did do it? I read in a post here somewhere that they needed to get a Gamecube game running on their Wii with (s)neek, so it had to be a Wii image, especially since wit apparently only does produce Wii images, right... ? So I'm wondering how I can do the same -- except, I don't need it to run with (s)neek, but on the Dolphin emulator.

If I remember correctly, I did try the default format (WBFS), but that wouldn't run..

5. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Well, instead of running it with SNEEK, I'd imagine they just loaded DIOS MIOS or what have you.
    Anyway, if you want to play GC games in Dolphin, just compose a GC image then.
    I don't remember exactly, but a bunch of Melee SD Remix threads had tools to unpack and rebuild GC ISOs. They were all confusing and buggy, but at least they worked.

I think some of the names were generic, like GC ISO Tool or something.

6. tmv_josue

tmv_josue GBAtemp Fan

May 18, 2010
    Mexico
    CancĂșn
    I think DMTool can do that job in an easy way.

7. Nisto

Nisto Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2014
    United States
    Ah okay. I was just hoping to be able to do everything through wit. But turns out it doesn't properly extract some GC files to begin with anyway (e.g. fst.bin from Resident Evil 0). And I know it may still only have experimental support for GC images, so... Guess I'll stick to GCReEx. Thanks anyway.