Wired Pro controller only turning on when dock is empty but turns off when console is inserted

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone is Discord has run into a problem where their Nintendo Switch Wired Pro Controller isn't working when their console is docked and powered on, but it starts lighting up when the console is taken out and the dock is empty. They've been troubleshooting it for a bit now but has found no solution. Any tips? And yes, Wired Communication is enabled.

Attachments

• 20210929_131604.jpg
    20210929_131604.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
  • 20210929_131351.jpg
    20210929_131351.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 41

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Someone is Discord has run into a problem where their Nintendo Switch Wired Pro Controller isn't working when their console is docked and powered on, but it starts lighting up when the console is taken out and the dock is empty. They've been troubleshooting it for a bit now but has found no solution. Any tips? And yes, Wired Communication is enabled.
Is Wired Pro Controller communication enabled in the settings?
Edit: Nvm

Reactions: MochaMilk

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
that's odd..
I'm assuming all 3 USB ports have been tested? Different USB cable? Plugging in another device (like a USB headset) to see if that powers on docked? doing all these tests will determine if it's the dock, switch or the controller that's at fault. Hopefully it's nothing major.

If they got a USB-C OTG cable, they can try a usb headset.. In case it's the controller I wouldn't plug that in directly to the switch.

Reactions: MochaMilk

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's odd..
I'm assuming all 3 USB ports have been tested? Different USB cable? Plugging in another device (like a USB headset) to see if that powers on docked? doing all these tests will determine if it's the dock, switch or the controller that's at fault. Hopefully it's nothing major.

If they got a USB-C OTG cable, they can try a usb headset.. In case it's the controller I wouldn't plug that in directly to the switch.
I've just sent your response to them. Just awaiting theirs. Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: xYuunax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U