Wired or Wireless?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Forstride, Feb 13, 2010.

?

Wired or Wireless?

1. Wired

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wireless

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Feb 13, 2010

Wired or Wireless? by Forstride at 5:50 AM (2,390 Views / 0 Likes) 32 replies

1. Forstride
    OP

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    So Tempers, do you guys and girls prefer wired devices, or wireless devices? It can be for anything, such as computer mice, keyboards, controllers, etc..

Personally, I prefer wired, as most wireless devices run on some sort of battery, and the batteries often need replaced. Not a big deal for some, but it is for me.

2. Aeladya

Member Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

United States
    It depends on what it is. Like for example, I like my computer mice to be wired. That way if they fall when I'm carrying my laptop (I hate track pads), I can just pull the cord to stop it from falling. Games I prefer wireless controllers. My Wii has both of the white controller and memory card doors broken on it because I was playing with my wired Gamecube controller and someone tripped over it...luckily my Wii is durable (speaking of which I have to buy the replacement parts eventually). I've also pulled my PS2 out too far with my controller because I was on my computer (I had a desktop at the time) and I didn't judge the distances very well.

3. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    To me, it really depends on the circumstances. Wireless video game controllers give you more freedom on say, where to plop down on a couch.

If I'm gonna stay at a desk for a while, I'd definitely go for Ethernet. I use Wi-Fi when I can't get Ethernet, or want to move somewhere else (probably for more convenience when I'm potentially bricking tweaking stuff on my Wii.)

Wireless things do come in handy if you're limited in ports. I don't have much USB ports and don't like to leave a hub in, so I opted for a wireless keyboard and mouse. If I had more ports, I definitely would have gone wired, since it'd be sitting on my desk for most of its life. After all, wired stuff is cheaper and doesn't kill AA(A) batteries.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Depends on whether the thing that would be getting wireless is mobile or not. If it's a keyboard/mouse, I don't bother since they're going to be very close to the computer in the first place, but if it's something like a laptop, then wireless net is a must.

5. Twiffles

Member Twiffles танковые победы

Germany
    I play dem fiten gaemz, so yes, I like wired controllers. A lot. Had a wireless keyboard and mouse at one point, meh, they weren't all that really. Ended up switching out for corded stuff. The only time I use wireless is for the Wii, all the computers, and when I play anything other than FPS on 360.

A little of both, but mostly leaning towards cords, even though the cable plastic is almost always suck.

6. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Depends on conditions.....wired will almost always be faster and technically more secure, but wireless is more convenient.

I voted both.

7. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Wired for anything with PC, but not for my Wii.
    I love the Wiimotes, just feels right and the batteries don't die so quickly.

8. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Always wired for PC
    Not because the radiation, but it seems faster [​IMG]
    (It is also known to have less data loss)

9. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    When wireless power transfer is perfected, then wireless all the way, I think. Now, I prefer power over portability, so I plug in.

10. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Wired for me..wireless does come into it's own tho, as i have 2 pc's

11. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Mostly I would opt for wired, unless I need mobility. Then it'll be wireless.

12. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    I generally prefer wireless products unless they are connected to a computer. Wired mice and keyboards tend to be a bit more reliable which I need for gaming and such. I am almost exclusively for wireless game controllers. It just feels natural and prevents people from tripping over the wire. I don't play shooters on consoles so it's not an issue for me.

Wireless products can be annoying at times because I have an old 2.4 GHZ wireless phone which used to interfere with my wireless internet connection. Microwaves also pose a problem. I'll use wireless products more often when they perfect the 'wireless power' standard.

13. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Wired internet. Wireless is worse compared to it, even if wireless works fine. (unless of course you're wireless and within like 5 feet of the internet source.

Wireless controllers.
    Though I hate having to change batteries.

Wireless mouse

Most other things I don't really care if its wireless or not.

14. NoSmokingBandit

Member NoSmokingBandit GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wired for everything.

For internet speed its much faster and you lose less packets. I hate replacing/charging perihpheral batteries (ie mice, keyboards, controllers) so i use wired when possible.

15. xalphax

Member xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Croatia
    Oh god, I hate wires, wireless purrleeze!

16. heavyknight

Member heavyknight GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wireless, for the most part. Not having spare batteries kind of suck, so I'm stuck going between the two, sadly. Tripping over headphone cords = not fun. Not when you drag your comp down with you! Wireless headphones ftw.

17. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    For my PC... Wired.
    For Gaming Consoles such as the 360 + PS3... Wireless.
    Overall... Wired.

18. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Computer -> Wired please.

Gaming -> Wireless.

Other things -> Depends.

I hate the wire of my Sennheiser HD205 though, it's 3 metres long [​IMG]

19. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I like wireless for its ease of use and simplicity. Wired is more reliable, on the other hand, and normally is the only option in some cases. So, I'd have to say both.

20. Rogue Trader

Member Rogue Trader GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    For controllers and internet wireless.

For nearly everything else I'll go wired- much cheaper, no batteries and generally more reliable. Especially microphones- good wireless ones cost the earth and batteries have a nasty habit of running out at the most important time.

Saying that, i've lost more than a few lives in games due to an unfortunate dead controller, but the convenience factor is too appealing. I can change from xbox to PS3 without even having to get off my arse. Ahhh sweet laziness....