ROM Hack [WIP] Shin Megami Tensai IV Final - English Translation

oiie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm guessing the US release probably won't have dual audio (as always), so thanks for doing this! :)

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Bastani
Are you still planning to release another update?

Sorry I haven't been showing much progress so far, I've actually just been a bit lazy as well as stuck on a part in the game's code.

Anyway I guess I'll just have to release something for now so you guys don't run away ;)

Check the front page for the new update file!

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It only includes skill names, I couldn't find a way to package the romfs changes into it yet.
Ok thank's. I'm glad I don't have to uninstalled the patched game and reinstall the vanilla version.

Oh also you might want to remove the CIA from your post and upload on the iso/chaos sites, cause technically it's copyrighted content and could get you banned.

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok thank's. I'm glad I don't have to uninstalled the patched game and reinstall the vanilla version.

Oh also you might want to remove the CIA from your post and upload on the iso/chaos sites, cause technically it's copyrighted content and could get you banned.

It's just code, it's not any different from uploading modified files, it's not like you can play the game on its own.

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to let you know that I found a crash in the game. If you do a fusion search in the cathedral of shadows, selecting certain demons will either crash straight to the homemenu or will show the "an error has occurred" screen. I went through all the demons that are currently available for me to fuse and these are the ones that seem to cause issues.

- Ghost Vetala
- Divine Cherub
- Beast Cerberus
- Jaki Hekatoncheires
- Ghost Kudlak
- Snake Pendragon
- Holy Baihu
- Nymph Peri
- Divine Throne
- Flight Da Peng
- Holy Sleipnir
- Ghost Ghoul
- Genma Kurama Tengu
- Wilder Nue
- Foul Mad Gasser

It happens with both the vanillia game with Layered FS/BootNTR and a cia rebuilt with the translated files. I also used both your v1.1 patch and the official v1.1 (from FunKeyCIA) and it doesn't seem to change things.

My save file is attached if you want to look into it.

Attachments

• 真・女神転生Ⅳ FINAL.zip
    28.1 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: emuashui

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wanted to let you know that I found a crash in the game. If you do a fusion search in the cathedral of shadows, selecting certain demons will either crash straight to the homemenu or will show the "an error has occurred" screen. I went through all the demons that are currently available for me to fuse and these are the ones that seem to cause issues.

- Ghost Vetala
- Divine Cherub
- Beast Cerberus
- Jaki Hekatoncheires
- Ghost Kudlak
- Snake Pendragon
- Holy Baihu
- Nymph Peri
- Divine Throne
- Flight Da Peng
- Holy Sleipnir
- Ghost Ghoul
- Genma Kurama Tengu
- Wilder Nue
- Foul Mad Gasser

It happens with both the vanillia game with Layered FS/BootNTR and a cia rebuilt with the translated files. I also used both your v1.1 patch and the official v1.1 (from FunKeyCIA) and it doesn't seem to change things.

My save file is attached if you want to look into it.

Yeah my friend did tell me about that, It's likely to do with the skills, do you know what skills are on them? That way I can go and check what's wrong

Also do you have any experience in coding or assembly? maybe you can just join our team instead.

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah my friend did tell me about that, It's likely to do with the skills, do you know what skills are on them? That way I can go and check what's wrong

Also do you have any experience in coding or assembly? maybe you can just join our team instead.

For sure, these two are the only ones in my party that crashed the cathedral of shadows.

Snake Pendragon - Titanomachia, Acid Breath, Dark Sword.
Ghost Kudlak - Energy Drain, Tarukaja, Amrita,

I would love to be a part of the team, but honestly I have just about no experience with coding besides basic html.

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For sure, these two are the only ones in my party that crashed the cathedral of shadows.

Snake Pendragon - Titanomachia, Acid Breath, Dark Sword.
Ghost Kudlak - Energy Drain, Tarukaja, Amrita,

I would love to be a part of the team, but honestly I have just about no experience with coding besides basic html.

I meant more of what skills are obtained after fusion, or what the Demons skills are that crash when trying to fuse.

Also my experience in Assembly is probably not that much either but if you're good at Data analyzing then that could help.

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant more of what skills are obtained after fusion, or what the Demons skills are that crash when trying to fuse.

Also my experience in Assembly is probably not that much either but if you're good at Data analyzing then that could help.

It crashes as soon as you select the demon you want to fuse, before you can set the skills and the base demons.

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It crashes as soon as you select the demon you want to fuse, before you can set the skills and the base demons.
Try removing the update and checking, I just need to know the skill names that may be in effect.
You could take a picture of each situation if you can't type out the skill names.

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try removing the update and checking, I just need to know the skill names that may be in effect.
You could take a picture of each situation if you can't type out the skill names.

Ok, I've attached screenshots for the first four demons that were causing issues. They show the all skills from each possible fusion combination. If this is what you wanted, let me know and I'll try and get the rest of them to you soon.

Attachments

• SMTIVF Crash.zip
    757.6 KB · Views: 137

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo